Flu shots?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by boswifedeb, Sep 15, 2009.

1. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Okay, here's a chance for everybody to weigh in on what they think about flu shots. I get one every year because I have asthma and chronic bronchitis, plus I take care of my mom. What about y'all? And, are you planning on getting the new H1N1 shot?

2. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    O yeah no doubt about it. They are gving h1n1 vaccines to the docs now, soon they will be ready for the public.

3. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    I've only had 1 flu shot. Never again, it liked to have killed me. Never have i been so sick. Keep the shots, given the choice I will take the flu any day rather than the shot.

4. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Sis Deb, If I had asthma and cronic bronchitis, I would really consider getting the flu shot. Just to be safe:wink:

5. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
  6. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Wife and I've got the flu shots for over 20 years. Also get the pneumonia shot every 5 years. Got the shingles shot last year. When I worked, they gave the flu shots at work.

Doesn't matter to me what's in the shot... just as long as it works.

In fact we are getting our regular flu shot in about an hour. Will get the swine flu shot when it becomes available. :big_smile:

7. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    We've been getting flu shots almost since hitler was a corporal. Swine flu shots not available in our area as yet, but we shall partake...:wink:

8. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yeah i am. I just found out i have lupus and am required to get them both. Guess since the lupus hurts my white blood cell count either flu would actually kill me.:crazy:

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I relate and agree with Dayton on this post. I will be one of the first in line when the H1N1 shots become available. The regular flu shots have always worked for the wife and I. Debbie thanks for a good post.

10. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    I've heard the horror stories about the H1N1 flu shot being rushed into production without testing, the problems people had back in '76 from that version of the swine flu shot, and some scare tactics about the government forcing our kids to get them at school. Now, I don't exactly know what to believe, but I am just now getting over this swine flu, and let me tell you something, it isn't any fun. I guess I won't need the H1N1 shot, but if you are worried about the vaccine and would rather have the real deal so you can build up a natural immunity, you are welcome to come over to my house and I'll breathe all over ya... Given the choice, I would pick the shot.

11. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I'll take my chances. Without it.

12. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    The two times I have taken flu shots, I've gotten sick. That coupled with the fact that I'm a whoosh-can't stand needles-means I'll pass if at all possible. More power to those of you who can and do, but to my way of thinking,"if it ain't broke, don"t fix it". Stay safe and good luck!!!:wink:

13. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I dont know what to do? I got a auto immune disiase and I am pretty worried. I want to get a vaccination, but im scared of it cause its new. I will get a flu shot for sure. Im highly succeptable to catching bugs and flu. I jus might stay home more this winter. :sad2:

14. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    I think Tamiflu might shorten the duration for most people, if they get some within the first couple of days of catching it. By the time I realized that I really was really sick, it was too late and I decided to just ride it out. The good news is that if you were born before 1957 you might have immunity already, due to the strain that passed through in '57 and '58. I never get a flu shot anyway, but after this year I might start.

15. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    When I took the shot, they were giving them at the mines I worked. About 4-6 hours later they had to carry me out of the mines and took me to a Charleston Wv hospital. I stayed there a couple days and checked myself out and had wife take me to a hospital in Columbus Ohio. Stayed in there almost 2 weeks, had tubes hooked up all over me. I must say that no one else that took the shot at the mines was affected by it like I was.
    My wife takes one of them every year and has no probs. I guess I just wussed out.

16. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    I have in the past taken them but I am sad to say that I am not that trusting any more....NOT A CHANCE!

17. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Well when I was a tiny thing i managed to get really lung sick and almost passed. Left with scar tissue. Asthma and so on......
    Since I have to take medication on a daily basic i am left with little to fight off the avg. Cold. I can not risk not having a flu shot...
    I tend to get a simple cold and it settles in my chest after a couple days and I end up with fluid in my lungs.....So I reckon I have no choice. I will be in line again this year

18. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    never did never will ...

19. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Deb,I've gone 48 years without one,I hate to screw up a good thing.:wink:

20. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I get one each year due to being a diabetic and having lung desease . It has never made me sick .