FLU Season

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Boomer, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Along with the holiday season comes the flu season, and right now I have a bad case of it. Sucks, because in 2 days I fly home, and sure dont want to be sick during that time.

What are some of your home remedies for the flu?

2. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    lots of aspirin and lots of rest also heard that a cup of tea with a shot of whiskey will do it after drinking it get in bed your sweat it all out i never tried it myself but alot of people i know swear by it

3. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    That sucks Gary , I don`t know of any remedies except to let it run it`s course.

4. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    it works. thats what my dad always did and thats what he always made me do when i got sick

5. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Yeah I'm with the Zebo Man I don't know of thing that you can do to get over it quicker except try to make yourself as comfortable as possible which is might near impossible when that is going on :angry: We haven't had many out yet in January is when our kids start coming down with it in large numbers for the most part and I missed it last year, so I was lucky cuz there was tons of us that got real sick. Crossing my fingers now!

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Not a home remedy, but I would suggest getting to the Doctor and get the medicine you need.

7. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    and my family to get a flu shot,after what happened to my husband last year I highly recommend it. Remember when I was posting that my husband had a temp of 104? That was arough time,and being macho he was refusing to go to the doctor.I went along with that till the morning he almost passed out on me while sitting in his recliner. Had to take him to ER. Told me he had a bad case of flu and was terribly dehydrated from high fever. Yes I really do recommend the shot.:smile2:

8. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Like mickey said go to the Dr let him give you some thing some DRs. have bags made up also as pat says get a shot I had rather have a shot than be layed up you also have to be careful with over the counter medcine too with my heath I can't take any things that not oked by my DR' I hope you start to fill better Gary:smile2:

9. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    My oldest son is special needs and when he gets the flu it’s a complete nightmare. He is 14 and he is unable to tell me when he is about to get nauseous. So his doctor has me give him dramamine, the stuff for motion sickness. I also took it this last time I had the flu. It doesn’t take the nausea completely away, but it does lessen it.