Flower help

Discussion in 'Garden Tips And Talk' started by billNpam, Oct 11, 2007.

1. billNpam

billNpam Active Member

State:
    Alabama
    My wife is a flower fanatic and has a cat or dog peeing on her flowers. And needless to say has killed a couple. I try and tell her that it is not a child plant another one then get slapped up beside the head. I cannot see spending 100 dollars on a life trap. I told her a .22 shell is less then a nickle and I get slapped again. So does anyone have a idea how to handle this issue. I really do not want to kill the animal since it is someones pet

2. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    there are repellants available to try.

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    A hot wire around the area will break them of it. I've seen those keep animals out of a lot of places.

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    A cheap pump up Pellet rifle has kept unwanted dogs away from my yard for years ,just sting em a time or two and they get the message.

5. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    LOL. Not really. It is just me being smart alecky. Repellents never seem to work. Do you have a dog? Usually if a male is marking there is another dog involved, yours or somebody else's. The best way (if he isn't bigger than you and meaner) is talk calmly and gently to that dogs owner. After that and it don't work have your wife go slap him a few.

6. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    try moth balls keeps snakes and other critters at bay may work on dogs, cats also

7. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    the rut is coming soon, if you catch the dog thats doing it, put some estrous scent on it. he'll learn.