flounder

Discussion in 'Salt Water Fishing' started by 98custom, Dec 1, 2005.

1. 98custom

98custom New Member

State:
    Northwest Flori
    I like to fish flounder down here in florida. i usually go to a spot in destin. im new and have caught some flounder, but want to catch more. Does anybody have in techniques and tips for flounder. thanks

2. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I remember when I was about 8 years old. My dad and some of his friends took me fishing in the Gulf of Mexico. We stayed on a 20 acre or so Iland. From boat we tore up the flounder, red fish and king fish from shore. Good eating and fishing for a week. Man that was fun. After that I just fish from piers when I lived on coast.

I love eating broiled are blacken Flounder.

3. Vacatfisher

Vacatfisher New Member

this spring i did a little expirament..i took two rods and used the exact same sinkers and hooks and put them with thensame bait in the same spot(a few feet apart)..but i used 40 lb flouro on one and 40 lb mono on the other...flouro outfished mono 2:1 with flounder.....use flourocarbon!also the best hooks ive found for minnows if you use them are owner mosquito and for fish strips are owner ssw. whater bait u use keep it moving...flounder dont really move alot so your bait will have to find them.also bigger bait =bigger flounder.......if all ur catchin is small non keepers use bigger bait.