Florida vs Ohio State?

Discussion in 'Ersel's Gridiron Talk' started by Cherokee, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Florida beat Michigan on Sunday in the only game that mattered. The Gators, who lobbied hard for this victory, were picked to play No. 1 Ohio State for college football's national championship, ending any chance for the Wolverines to get the rematch they so desired and thought they deserved.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory?id=2697797&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312

2. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    michigan had there chance . if they would of beat the bucks then they would be in the big game they didnt take care of buisness it's there own fault

3. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    Once Again I'm Not An OSU Fan (I'M A NOTRE DAME FAN) But In My Opinion It Doesn't Matter If Florida, Michigan, Or Any Other College Football Team Plays OSU This Year For The National Championship, The Result Will Still Be The Same. OSU Will Be The 2006 National Champions. It's Just Their Year.

4. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    The BCS sucks They need a playoff series

5. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN

Yeah they do. But I think this year they made the right choice. Michigan had their chance and if Michigan would have been picked it wouldn't be fair to OSU. They would have to beat Michigan twice for the championship but Michigan only has to beat them once for it? Not fair. But an 8 team playoff would be excellent. but there would still be controversy over that.

I think Wisconsin got 'screwed' worse than Michigan did. 11-1 only loss to Michigan, ranked like 7th in the nation and they can't play in a BCS game because only two teams from each conference are allowed. that would hurt a little bit.

6. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    The guys on the sports center spot they had about it today agreed that heads up michigan would beat Fla. So it kinda sux for mich. But they had a shot, and 3 Ohio State turnovers kept the score closer than the game actually was. It should have been 42 to 24.

Bring on dem Gators, LOL

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Bucks will win by 3 TD's or more. Troy plays his best ball in games that are this big.

8. dahoss2002

dahoss2002 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Florida has a better chance against Ohio St. than Michigan does just because Florida's defense is better than Michigan's. I realize how talented the Buckeyes are but I just dont see them busting off those 50+ yard runs on Florida like they did on Michigan. The effort they gave in the Michigan game showed they deserve #1, but they will have to defend it against the toughest team they have met all year, Florida.

9. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Once the Bucks unleash that 4 and 5 wide passing attack the run game will be there trust me. Michigan has the best defense in the nation and they were shredded.

10. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    What I find so funny about all the people who talk football rather it be the casual fan,a die hard fan or the professional analyst on ESPN is that when Ohio State played Michigan all we heard was that Ohio State wont be able to score like they did all year because Michigan is the best defense they will see all year. What happened?(503 yard and 42points) and now that they are playing Florida we are hearing the same thing. The way people call evey team the best Ohio State will see is hilarious and once again they will make a "great defense"look average and win the Nation Title.

11. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    Michigan had their chance and got thumped, Florida is not up to the challenge and will get thumped, Why play this game, Ohio State went undefeated this year they should be champs without playing another bowl game. It is a waste of time to play this bowl game. JMHO

12. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Thumped?? 3 points is thumped?? Wow, I must have been watching a different game.:wink:

I look at it this way, Michigan went into one of the hardest places in America to play, and played the best team in America and lost by 3, and gave them a hell of a game. What would the result be on a neutral field??:confused2:

Also, if Michigan would have won that game, who would be playing them in the national title game?? My bet would be on OSU, mainly becuase then Mr. Sweater vest would have cast his vote, for his team, and the Michigan coach would not have been afraid to cast his vote. And yes one vote would have swung it the other way.

The national championship game should have the best two teams playing each other, in my opinion, that is OSU and Michigan. Brad is right, the BCS is a joke, and to many politics are involved. I played Div. II football. We had a playoff, and it works fine. Some teams feel they get ripped by not being selected for the playoffs, but once the playoffs begin, there is not much more debate to be had.

13. rocket256

rocket256 Well-Known Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Name:
    McGill
    Im a FSU fan we know they are not doing to good this year but; I hope Ohio States beats the breaks off Fla.:tounge_out:

14. foodsaver

foodsaver New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Actually Virginia Tech has the best defense in the nation if you wanna be accurate.

15. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Any "best defense in america" statement regarding college football is kind of an oxy-moron. There aren't any truley "great" defenses any more. I guess I should clarify that, the offenses have become so complex, it is difficult for the defenses to keep up. Long gone are the days of the true "black shirts" type defenses when teams only averaged 13 points per game against them, no matter who they played.

Offenses just have to many weapons these days. Most of the big games come down to whoever has the ball last it seems.

16. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Before the Mich. game Ohio State held their opponets to under 7 points per game on average . Thats for 11 games. On paper Mich. had the best overall defense in the world, and they got shredded by the best Offense the world has ever seen. Please bring on the Florida Offense that scored 7 points vs Auborn. Bring on that lazy play that they beat Arkansas with.LOL Those losers couldn't beat Michigan let alone Ohio State.

17. shuorc

shuorc New Member

State:
    fl
    It's time someone says Florida will win---they will.---shu

18. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I definetly think it is OSU's year to rule the roost. But what are they gonna do next year when their cabinets are bare. Poor OSU, if only..... heard it all before... will hear it again. Right, Texas?

19. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I'm afraid what happened this year to USC and Texas will happen to the Buckeyes next year. Once you lose a Heisman caliber player and most of his teamates the team has to regroup. Next year you guys will no doubt be piling on Ohio state cause they wont make it back to the Champ game. But thats how it goes. I can wait for a shot every 4 years. I don't mind sharing the love, as long as it isn't Michigan or USC next year lol.

20. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    Well said S Man. Hope you don't mind WVU taking it next year, because their beat up freshman/sophmore team this year will run the table next year. We about lost the coach, Alabama fans were going crazy thinking he signed the deal. He declined despite a 12 million $ 6yr contract that had a fat multimillion $ signing bonus. I would even have a hard time turning down that pocket change.