Florida Hog hunting

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting' started by Powelljlk, Nov 27, 2005.

1. Powelljlk

Powelljlk New Member

I AM INTERESTED IN HUNTING HOG IN SOUTH FLORIDA. i ALSO HAVE A CLOSE FRIEND WHO IS INTERESTED AS WELL. CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT WITH A PLACE TO HUNT. WE ARE NOT INTERESTED IN TOSE CHASE THEM DOWN AND SHOOT THEM TYPE OF HUNTS. WE ARE LOOKING FOR YOUR USUAL TYPE OF HUNT. TREESTAND OR STILL HUNTING. ALL RESPONSES OR PLACES AVAILABLE TO HUNT WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATIVE. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE.

2. Big Nick

Big Nick New Member

State:
    McKinney TX
    I'm not from that area, but if you google (hog hunting florida guides) you will find all you need to know. I hope this helps

3. flathead willy

flathead willy New Member

State:
    Madison, MS
    Never been hog hunting but it sounds like good fun

4. Big Nick

Big Nick New Member

State:
    McKinney TX
    Its a blast Flathead. Those things are mean as heck, and a nussance to the environment. Just remember, only eat the little ones, and make sure you don't puncture the stomach. Those darn things stink :eek:

5. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    well flathead, i was sitting in my stand when a pack of hogs come into sight there were about 6 to 8 them i waited for the biggest one to give me a clear shot in its head so i wouldn't have to track in all the thick scrub oaks(very thick) it. finally i got ita wide open shot and drop it in its tracks,now the word around here is if you shoot a boar castrate as soon as possible to prevent tainting the meat(don't know if this is true but why take a chance) so i jump down out of my stand and go to it and realized that it's a sow now the fun part it took me an hour to drag this pig out to the road which was only 150 yrds away.so i get it to the road and my buddy shows up with the truck and we take it back to camp and weigh her in at 175#s according to the scales this was my first hog and biggest(hahaha) hog...

6. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    Congrats on that hog. now how about sharing some of that bacon?lol

7. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    come on over i'll share...lol....

8. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    powell are you looking for a guided hunt or looking for a management area to hunt on??????????