Floods in Georgia! How much rain did you get?

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by stumpjumper, Sep 21, 2009.

1. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    My goodness, woke up this morning to find out that 6-9 inches fell overnight in the area! Schools are actually closed due to flooding and they are calling for 2-5 additional inches!

We thankfully live on a high spot in the county and only received 3-4 inches. Just 5 miles east of us they received almost 7 inches.

How much did it rain where you live? Look out they say it's heading north!

Be safe

2. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    I just heard that 10 miles south of us they received 10.6 inches :crazy:

3. katmax

katmax New Member

State:
    griffin ga
    not sure how much we got ,but we went to high falls sat. and in about an hour we had around 2 or 3 inches in the boat...just a small boat (cut on the bilge) have to keep the water out .....lol.....:0a20:

4. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    It was crazy this morning. Spaghetti junction was closed, highway 78 was closed most of 285 was closed, 85 s was closed, Cobb county just announced that they would no longer be responding to car accedents because of the lack of man power. Theres a few houses down the street from here where the yellow river has become one with their homes. Its a mess. I just installed a french drain around my house so my basement is staying dry.

5. festus

festus New Member

We have had plenty of rain this past week, including 3 or 4 inches over the weekend, but nothing like GA has had. Does anyone know the conditions in Lilburn, GA? I have an aunt and uncle who live there.

6. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Lilburn is fine. They have issues with the yellow river but all is well as long as they are not near the river or its feeders

7. countryboy79

countryboy79 New Member

State:
    nc
    Dang we need some rain up here in ellerbe nc. Its dry has a bone. We aint had a good rain in about 4 weeks. Send some this way.

8. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    West Point Lake is a foot above full and rising. LOL

9. Bait Bandit

Bait Bandit New Member

State:
    West Georg
    Paul there is more on the way, I have never seen the river up so high at the Hwy 27/16 bridge, DOT said up 2 more feet and they will close it, I just hope I can get home from work first. Friends have been watching the river all day from there farm they have seen four empty boats come by, I will try to get some pics in the am and post.

10. macdaddy

macdaddy New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    Flint river in Thomaston looks ok come up a couple feet and then started dropping..but above Griffin the flint went up over 6 Feet and still going up

11. redbone

redbone New Member

State:
    smiths sta
    chatahoochee is up 6-7 foot at least. we got over a foot of rain in the past 7 days......animals are walking around two by two...hunting the ark !!!

12. Alabamacatman

Alabamacatman New Member

State:
    Phenix city,Ala
    lol you aint right..Redbone lol

13. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Much more of this and I'll be fishin off my front porch,LOL.

14. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    I heard on the news that we had anywhere from 16 to 21 inches fall in this area over the past 24hrs:crazy: Thats friggin insane:angry: Poor old bilge pump just couldnt keep up anymore:sad2:

15. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Extreme South East GA just a slight drizzle all day.

Took advantage of it and spread 50 pounds of grass seed.

16. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    We've had too much up here near the TN line, but I'm not sure how much we got last night . My rain gauge goes to 5 inches, and it was overflowing this mornin' after last nights downpours. The road leading to my house was halfway washed out because the creek feeding the lake flooded over the road and swept part of it in the lake. We've prob'ly had a foot of rain or more here the last week. It's really bad in lots of places, and several lives have been lost.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090921/ap_on_re_us/us_heavy_rain_southeast

17. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    285 is closed at the 75 interchange because the hooch has poured over the interstate. That bridge is 25 feet above the water.

18. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    West Point Lake flood shots.

19. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    A few more.

20. littlejomojo

littlejomojo New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    weather channel says it's gonna rain everyday till sunday here --thats on top of the 4.73 inches we got already this month