Flooding!

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by BoxxerBoyDrew, Jul 1, 2007.

1. BoxxerBoyDrew

BoxxerBoyDrew New Member

State:
    Woodway, Texas
    Anybody else out there fixing to start building an Ark???:wink: JEES I don't ever think it will stop raining here! Lake Waco has been CLOSED sence Memorial Day weekend!!! It was over 20' high that weekend, and they have had the flood gates/ Under Flow Pipe OPEN BIG TIME ever sence!! We have tried to fish in the Brazos and Bosque, but the water is flowing soooo fast that even a 4oz disk weight won't keep your line from going WHO KNOWS WHERE!!!:crazy: Heck you can cast as far as you can upstream and before it hits bottom it is as far as you can see down stream! We have been doing a little flooded bank fishing on the lake, but there is a WHOLE lot of Trash and Crap to get hung in!

Well I was just wondering how any of Ya'lls fishing was going!!??!!

Take Care,
    Andy

2. jedt

jedt New Member

State:
    Cameron,Texas
    Not much better. Belton been worthless since the sam time. I was able to fish Granger until last week now its closed. Went to sommerville yesterday. Have not fished that lake much. Its at normal pool but everyone there has not heard of the 100 or 300' foot rule can't remember which length it is but everyone drives by you on plane less than 100' anyways. Limestone appears to be a level so thats my next choice. Heard that was a decent lake with less pressure.

3. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    limestone is still good went there thursday.
    Fish the mud lines
    I fished behind the spillway on lake waco yesterday and did OK
    Caught 4 3-4lb blues and several white bass

4. willisjj

willisjj Guest

Having the same problem here in Oklahoma! Last year the water was so low you couldn't get a boat in the water.....one extreme or the other....anyway..good luck to you...I have to go start gathering animals for my ark....

5. BoxxerBoyDrew

BoxxerBoyDrew New Member

State:
    Woodway, Texas
    Thanks for the water report Fellas!!

GMC- I would like to fish behind the SpillWay, but the trip down the STEEP sides would doo me in!! Back can't take that kind of Angle anymore!! My Son and I walked over the spillway the other day when it was running and there was only 1 guy fishing down in the main pool. He was sitting close to where the pool turns into the stream. We watched for a while, but we didn't see him catch anything!

Well thanks again, and I allready have all the Mini Doxies we need for the Arc!!:roll_eyes: Also have a few turtles too! LOL

Take Care,
    Andy

6. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    Lake Lewisville and Ray Roberts have been closed because of too high of water. Lewisvile lake is really bad right now.:eek:oooh:

7. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    i put my boat in at MCC or Cameron park east and then go upstream to the spillway
    That is really consistant fishing when the water is running.

8. hillcountryfishin

hillcountryfishin New Member

State:
    tx
    We're not flooding yet but the river is getting pretty hgih. I like a muddy river best for fishing but it's been muddy for a two weeks now.
    I hope this ends soon, would like to go fishing myself!:wink:
    Hopefully it will stop and everyone shoud be able to get on if the ramps open. Was reading somehwere that it will take three weeks for some of the DFW lakes to reopen some of the ramps and get the water back down. That's some rain!
    Stay dry and I'm almost done with the Ark