Flooding pics

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by s_man, Mar 27, 2007.

1. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    As I can get them on here are the current conditions an some of the sites for the Ohio gathering lol.

2. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Dont forget your waterwings for that gathering!!

3. clintonhawg1

clintonhawg1 New Member

State:
    indiana
    Thanks for the pics when the water is like that it can be very interresting.

4. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Allright I got them all up. As you can see there is alot of water down here lol.

5. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I know all the photos have 2006 date stamp but I took them all yesterday march 26 2007. I forgot to update the camera when I put the new batteries in lol.

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    thanks for the pics skip...fished a flooded field tonight for a bit, caught 3 channels, all females...2 were full of eggs. let me know when you want to get crazy and put the boat in. i have always wanted to try to ramp ellis.lol

7. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Definitely deep! Thanks for sharing, great pics!

8. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    Skip, thank's for the pics. I was hoping to head out Sat or Sun. I guess it depends on how much more rain we get until then. Maybe things will calm down, But I don't think they will. Please keep us posted on the conditions. Thank's!:smile2:

9. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    In one of those shots up a Ellis there in the center where the concrete center piece usually is, its totally underwater. You could take any boat over the dam right now. Might need a jet to climb back up but I don't think so. The water is waaay up. Check on the usgs site,
    http://waterdata.usgs.gov/oh/nwis/current/?type=flow and check out the graph. Its stands at 19ft right now and I don't like to get on the river when that gage is over 12 or 13. Normal pool for that gage is 9ft lol.

10. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Thanks for sharing the pics Skip. Let's just hope it doesn't look that way in may. I thought that there was a dam up at Ellis.lol. Looks like riverside went down a little from the other day when I went be to have a look. Just to think that it is still 6 feet below flood stage.

11. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Where is riverside Skip? Dillon Spillway looks fishable LOL, how long do you think the spillway will be fishable?

12. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Shoot, I am ready to fire up the new rig. 80 horses of jet should push me up Ellis.... What a blast that would be!

13. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    Thanks for the pictures, it looks like it would be kinda hard to get bait out of the spillway with a casting net right now.

14. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Under water you goof! :lol:

It's behind the Olive Garden in Zanesville.