FLOODED IN!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by whisker maniac, Oct 30, 2009.

1. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    We are all okay here. Just a heck of a lot of water... couldn't get out this morning as there was too much water going over the roads. It is already going down tho and should be down enough for me to get out and go to work this evening.

The following pics are of all four roads that lead into where I live. All four are completely under water with the water rushing through.

Attached Files:

2. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    some more pics...........

Attached Files:

3. Dang man!:eek:oooh:

4. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    and some more..........

Attached Files:

5. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    and one more....

Attached Files:

6. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Thats not good. Hope you live on the higher ground. A lot of people wouldn't live out there but I bet it is worth it.

7. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    Get the rods out!!!!

8. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas

Yeah we live on the second highest hill in the county... it's just totally surrounded by bottoms

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Kevin were glad everyone is OK. That is a lot of water. Just something to ponder. Sometimes after Ice storms, Large Snows, Major Storms and High Waters, statics's shows that there is a baby boom.:wink:

10. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Glad you could get out finally. Spring River out of it's banks again at Hardy. Got loads of rain all over the state from what I hear. Maybe move some fish around to where I fish.

11. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Glad to here you live on a hill as i do. I tend to cuss living on a rock hill often but when we get this type of rain the only one cussing is the folks traveling through all the water pouring off of it! WINK!

12. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Kevin that is a lot of water glad your house is above flood stage.
    I live on a hill as well good thing there is a large creek just down the road and it is way out of its banks lost power about 9:00 last night do to flood waters knocked a tree at the creek into power lines, power came back on about 10:30 am. so were good!!!

13. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    glad you in good shape kev i was a little worried last nite when i couldnt get a hold of you.i live on a hill to, but you know that,and its so soaked that when it rains ive got water pouring out all around my house.its so bad it looks like i got springs runing out the ground.

14. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    glad yall survived the storms kev. thankfully they were all east and south of me.

15. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    way too much current for tall to think about going fishing !!!!:wink:

16. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Well, I don't live on a hill. I live in between two hills. My ground is saturated and my back yard and pasture is nothing but water! But, all is well. The house sits in a higher spot on the property. When it rains like this, my driveway looks like a river running down to the back of the house. All the creeks are out of their banks, but not over the road - so we can still go to town.

Did not work today because of all the flooding in the county. School buses could not run and the high school had a lot of water behind it all the way up to the cafeteria doors. So, I got a three day weekend again!

17. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    :eek:oooh: :smile2: No chance of that Mickey... took care of that problem years ago.

18. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Most of my back yard is under water we got so much I heard the fish was wearing Life perservers:roll_eyes:

19. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Coach you should be ashamed of yourself picking on Tall like that :wink::smile2:

20. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Just hope it drowned or moved all the ticks further south. Been a boomer year for them.