FLood Thread

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by crazyjet1, Jun 10, 2008.

1. crazyjet1

crazyjet1 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Man with all of this flooding down in southern indiana is unreal and has put a lot of people in Indiana in a bad way. My deepest condolences to all this affected. What do you guys think this will do to the river down there. Think it will totally change????? How long before it receeds.

P.S. Give shadgut reps for saving people the cops knocked on his door and said they needed his jet boat. He said whos buying the Gas lol. Saved quite a few people from the rising waters. Good Job Shadgut.

2. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    i feel really bad for your state and others that are being hit hard by the rain
    you people are in my prayers

3. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I made my way down to the White rivers Waverly boat ramp that day around 2 or 3 pm and at that point I seen It much higher before.
    I took pics while I was there though.
    I tried to get down there later but the road I take to get there washed out and I had alot of stuff to do here at home.
    It was the amount of rain in a short period that slammed us so hard,,,,, 11" in 5 or 6 days, the rain receeds while it rains -11" in what? 5 or 6 hour? I was lookin' around for noah's ark!
    Reps shadgut! :wink:

4. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks for your condolences Casey. We got it pretty bad here in Terre Haute, but not like my hometown and where most of mine and my wifes family still live, Martinsvile and Paragon. Give ol shadgut a handshake for me, if he was in the area, chances are he hauled in a relative or friend of mine. Later, WRB.

5. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    crazyjet1,
    Might be some new log jams, probably cleaned some old ones out, etc.
    I'd expect that to be about it.? the ground is so saturated it's hard to guess when the water will receed enough to see the boat ramps again... especially if we get another ounce of rain anytime soon.

6. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Here's the difference a couple hours made in the water level at one of boat ramps the day of the rain from 12 pm to around 2 or so taken basically from the same spot I couldnt get back there after that but then I wasnt impressed with the level at that time, I've seen the river up around the Waverly sign more than a few times .

Attached Files:

7. bigcatkev

bigcatkev Member

State:
    indiana
    I live in columbus and all i can say is that i hope i never have to see something like this in my lifetime again. I was really lucky and the water only made it down the road to me. I voluntered to use my boat to help take the national gard people back and fourth to columbus hospital. The whole town was flooded in places you would never think water could get. cars were floating and it was total caos. if you've ever been to columbus i was running my boat at the baseball diamonds were of course there is normally no water doing 35 miles an hour to cross the creek to the hospital. Things here will not be normal for along time for alot of people. Pray for the people who have lost there homes.

8. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    its a terrible mess up there,got a brother in law that lives in Cloumbus Prayers sent from So. In.