Floats on banks poles and limb lines?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by KYTRAPPER, Jul 26, 2007.

1. KYTRAPPER

KYTRAPPER New Member

State:
    Floyd county,KY
    I saw some guys the other day using floats on limb lines and banks poles. Anyone else do this??

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have never used floats for this. The reason might be to suspend the bait off bottom, or to be able to see from a distance. :big_smile:

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Seems to me they would possibly float into the bank or shallowest point and the bait would be on the bottom any how. :confused2:

4. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    On occasion I have done that when I couldn't get a straight drop from a limb to a spot where I wanted my bait. I'd basically set up an anchored jugline with just enough weight to keep it in place, then run a line from the jug to the limb. That way, a cat couldn't run off with my rig. I can't think of a time I did this other than when I wanted to set a bait along some riprap, where there was a deep channel very close by.

5. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    odd, Thought you adjusted the "Depth" you wanted you bait with how much line you used :confused2:

Different strokes for different folks I guess, but I've personally found its always better to keep to the K.I.S.S theory....

6. catdaddy007

catdaddy007 Member

State:
    SE Arkansas
    I've heard of people using floats on limblines but never used them myself. Like Tim said, I ajust the depth I want my bait when I tie the line to the limb.