Floats - Bobbers - floating your bait of the bottom while fishing

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Leakyboat, Dec 14, 2005.

1. Leakyboat

Leakyboat New Member

Anybody have a picture of how you rig your line,when using a small bobber
    to float your bait off bottom?How far do you put the float from your bait?Someone said they used one side of some earplugs!Thanks!
    Ernie

2. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    I use a Betts 1 1/2" slotted float about 6-8" from my hook. ;)

3. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I am planning trying the idea this weekend. I got my float above the hook, maybe about 4 to 6 inches.

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Hey Ernie. This is what I use with great success. Pics show were I put them on the leader after snellin the hook. I use it with a carolina rig no roll sinker free spool with the clicker on. I use 8/0 Gamakatsu octopus circles all the time. Hope it helps.

5. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    hey leaky i sent you an e-mail of my rig because i dont know how to post pics but anyways my main line is 30# to a 3 way my weight line is 9 inches long 17# with a 6oz pyramid an my leader is 28 inches long with 65# braided with a 4/0 hook an a two inch float 5 inches up from hook.

6. Leakyboat

Leakyboat New Member

Here's newcats rig,going to rig a couple of poles this way.Hey Big George,i sure like those Octopus hooks also,especially the red color.Thanks Ya'll!
    Ernie

Attached Files:

7. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Thanks for showing your rig NewatCats. Thanks for posting the picture LeakyBoat. If I go this week end will try out this rig.
    Newatcats, do you have success with this rig?

Jaime

8. sbursik

sbursik New Member

State:
    McKinney Texas
    I usually rig 1/2 of my rods with floats and 1/2 without. I use the foam peg floats and place them about 8-10 inches from the bait.

Scott

9. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    i have been haveing much better results fishing with that type of rig behind the locks/dam verses three way with out float.

10. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I rig my carolinia style, I add a small float to my leader.

11. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    i have been using this rig for several years with great success. i usually put the peg or cigar float about an inch to 2 inches from the hook. its my thinking the closer it is to the hook the better it will float the bait. the only problem i have with this is sometimes those big blues will demolish your float! but it doesnt seem to interfere with the hookset or bite. i just wish i could find a place where i could buy these floats in mass quantities. around here you just have to wait and see if walmart will ever stock them. which they rarely do. i have looked around the internet without much success. if anyone could help me out i sure would appreciate it.

12. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Is it just my computer that is not seeing the thumbnail preview or has that feature been removed?

13. Leakyboat

Leakyboat New Member

Hey Phillip,
    I think these were posted before we went to thumbnails!
    Ernie