Floating lines.

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by peewee williams, Oct 30, 2006.

1. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    What do you think is the best non fly fishing floating line in the 4-65 lb.range and why?I am talking about floating line for spinning and casting reels.Thanks,peewee

2. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    PeeWee,if you are talking floating then you are talking braids.PowerPro,Suffix,Fins and now Ande make excellent braids.One of the advantages of braids that no one ever talks about is using it with floats.Mono sinks so when you go to set the hook you have to pull that underwater bow out of the line before you can connect.It also is bad around stumps if you are trying to get a retrieve going quickly without the float and hook ducking under.Braid has none of those problems and while floats might not be quite accurate what it doesn't do is absorb water,get heavy and sink.Stren also makes a good braid that is a little thicker than the others.Hope this helps.:big_smile:

3. peewee williams

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Thanks.Which floats the best?Also how much water will it soak up with time?I have found that Yo-ZURI hybrid also floats.peewee

4. peewee williams

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Oops.I cain't get the Yo-Zuri Hybrid to float now.It was the 6 lb.and I was checking it out on my 20 ft.pole held erect.Perhaps it was the hight and surface tension?peewee-williams

5. BataviaBluescatfish

BataviaBluescatfish New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It's been told to me that braided line will cut groves in the line guide of casting reels and eyes over time with big fish sawing it back and forth just so you know before it's to late.