Floating baits

Discussion in 'Trout Fishing' started by ozzy, Dec 5, 2007.

1. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    So which brand is your favorite floating bait for trout?

1= Zekes
    2= Nitro
    3= Powerbait

2. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    i myself use zekes , and some other brands . i use alot of the cheap stuff for some odd reason it just " has a ranker smell " plus the price ,power bait and some others man the price it's unbelievable for a " lil jar " of that stuff. i just don't buy it that much.

3. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I grew up using Zekes, I still like it, however I like that nitro bait or should say that the trout like it. Thanks

4. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    ya ever us those small marshmellows? don't know if ya ever tried it or not ,but when i want to suspend my Ncrawler put 2 of these mellows on then your crawler . works great for me you can also cast it out away's and twitch it while you retrieve make strx's happen .

5. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Those small marshmellows work great. I guess trout have a sweet tooth or just like that white blob floating around imitating a egg sack. Post your opinions everyone.

6. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Seirra Gold is the stuff to have. I think they are out of california. If I get my hands on it, its what I use

7. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i likie the zeke's and the powerbait, but the braum's buttermilk biscuit dough has been outperfoming them all 10 to 1. i started using it a couple years ago and never looked back. i catch 5-600 trout a year so i guess i am doing it right.

8. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    i found a jar of those mellows , they are called "MIKE'S" glow mellows
    some glow others have different sent. garlic,cheese, etc some good stuff when ya want to try combos ,and keep your bait off the bottom . i find the smeller one's work good for channels .

9. baptistpreach

baptistpreach New Member

State:
    Oklahoma!
    How do you make/fish the biscuit dough?? Please share!

10. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    To me that sounds like canned bisquit dough. I guess just use a small piece enough to cover a hook. I've used it for Carp before and never thought using it for trout.