Float Stopper

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by catfisherman369, May 17, 2008.

1. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Heres a diagram that seems helpful for float stoppers

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Just use a small piece of thin rubber band. Easy to put on and easy to take off. PM me and I'll tell you how I do it and it doesn't move no matter the size of the floater. Plus they are really cheap!!!:wink:

3. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    DENTAL FLOSS WORKS GREAT ALSO

4. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    You guys must use small floats. I can't use rubber bands or regular stops. I use 15 lb mono.

Cut off a 12 inch section, make a circle and wrap the main line and the side of the circle 5-6 times then pull both ends and cinch down. I might add, my main line is 100 lb power pro.

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Just use a bigger/thicker rubber band. That would work.I've done it up to 50# mono before. I also use Kat-Bobbers and Fat Kat Bobbers.
    BTW, why in the world in OH are you using 100 pound line??? Unless you're fishing the Ohio....:crazy::tounge_out::confused2::roll_eyes::wink::smile2:

You Shawn, are a true optimist Brother! :)

6. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I have never lost an 8lb fish on 100 lb line lol!

I am prepared to bust the Ohio record of 76.5 lbs, even in a snaggy area lol!

Next time I may switch to that electric blue mono or the red cajun mono.... those seem nice too.

Caught a 62 and a 72 on 40 lb mono, so I guess it may be a little overkill..... :smile2:

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    LMAO! Just messin' with you anyway. I have the Big Game Electric Blue 30# and my couple Buddies use the Cajun Red 30# and they love it and I love the BG I have. Its very hard to break also!!!:wink: Only thing is spray Reel Magic on it(either line you use) first time, that helps loosen it up a lot and the first trip or so it'll be a little coily. Just make sure to keep good tension on it when you spool up!:wink:
    I really don't blame you though because from some of your posts you fish really snaggy areas, what works for you works!!!:cool2::wink::smile2:
    I just thought 100 pound Power Pro was overkill but like you said, you don't have to worry about breaking off any!:confused2::wink::smile2::tounge_out:

8. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    I use rubber bands on mono line, I found when I used mono on mono it would put a kink in it. So if you would move it you would have kinks in your line, as you know thats not a good thing. As for braids I heard rubber bands don't work so well so they use mono for stops. I'm not sure about braids since I don't use it.