Float rigs?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by CJ21, Jan 28, 2007.

1. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I have been using slip float rigs for awhile now, but I am wondering what is the best size to fish the river? I have seen some Premier Catfish Stalker Floats on Cabela's web site I am wondering would these work? I see they come in different sizes.

2. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Take a look at the cat bobbers from Maine Wolf products. After all they are one of our sponsors.

3. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I'm assuming you are trying to float cut bait into likly spots. If you ever want to know how to anchor a live bait on the surface over any depth of water to catch surface feeding flatheads send me a PM.

4. D_Weezy

D_Weezy Active Member

State:
    Cadiz, Ohio
    Name:
    Dale
    I haven't used the Premier Catfish Stalker floats before, but I am sure they would work fine. I myself like the Thill Big Fish Slider floats. They cast very easy. They come in 4", 5", 6" and 8" and they hold a good amount of weight. They are perfect for floating a piece of cutbait or a nice livebait. I use them in current or slack water. They work really nice with an egg/slip sinker below them. The 5" is an excellent all around size.

http://www.cabelas.com/information/...hill8482BigFishSliderFloat0011798319437a.html

5. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    If you are fishing in the river look at the CAT BOBBERS from Wild Wolf Products. They are a sponsor and I probably don't have the name right. Catfish Connection also sells the cat bobbers.

6. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Thanks guys for the help.