Float Help

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by stinkbaitjunkie, Jun 15, 2006.

1. stinkbaitjunkie

stinkbaitjunkie New Member

State:
    North Mississippi
    When you are set up to bottom fish I see a lot of you use a float to keep your bait off the bottom. What kind of float is this? Is it just a normal cork or something made for this? Thanks for the help.

2. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    It Is Nothing more Than An Ordinary Float, Or Cork If You May Call It. Now If You Are Using Lots Of Weight Or Big Baits, Maine Wolf, One Of Our Sponsors & Members Has Some Designed For That Particular Application.

HTH, Elliot

3. stinkbaitjunkie

stinkbaitjunkie New Member

State:
    North Mississippi
    Ok, thanks guys thats what I figured I just wanted to make sure. How close do you put it to your bait?

4. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    How Close It Is To Your Bait Ultimately Depends On The Depth You Have Your Slip Cork Set At. Of Couse Prior To Casting It Will Be Resting On Your Hook Or Bead, However You Choose To Rig Up. After The Float Hits The Water, The Bait Will Pull The Line thru The Slip Float Until It Contacts The Float/Bobber Stop. Elliot

5. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    I am thinking you mean when you are fishing with your weight on the bottom and a small float to keep your bait off the bottom. Not slip bobber fishing or rigged like you do for panfish, but I could be wrong:embarassed:

6. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Just use a small split cork with pegs. Closer to the bait the higher it will float the bait off the bottom. Goes between weight and bait.