Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts
Looks like they have a pretty decent price on glow sticks.
THAT THEY DO IVE HAD GOOD LUCK FINDING THE 8" BRACELET ONES AT WALMART IN THE TOY SECTION FOR .50 CENTS FOR 8 OF THEM. CAN FIND THEM AT THE DOLLAR STORE FOR PRETTY CHEAP ALSO

Just an idea I got on here previously. Cut a pool noodle 2" long, take your favorite wine cork, cut into the cork glue the cork into the pool noodle and swivel into the cork. Cost will be 10 to 20 bucks depending on your wine choice! It'll keep a gill up and busy!

Kat-Bobber
The Kat-Bobbers work great, pretty cool with the glow sticks on them at night. I fish a lot of current so I don't use them much unless I'm fishing a lake or a place with little to no current. I've used them up at Clear Lake and here at the Mendota Slough, they definitely do the trick. I prefer to fish with a drift-type set up with the slip bobber up the leader a couple feet and the hook about 6-8 inches passed the slip knot, so the bobber slides between the slip knot and the swivel.

[HR][/HR]SO WOULD THIS BE LIKE REGULAR FLOAT FISHING WHERE YOU WANT SOMEWHAT OF A TIGHT LINE OR FEED SOME LINE OUT TO LET THE BAIT SWIM, I HAVE A BAITFEEDER ON MY REEL AND WAS CURIOUS IF I COULD SET THAT AND LET IT SWIM A LITTLE BIT

I think- (ouch)- that you would present it just like any other kind of float/bait combo... Thats what I plan on trying. and I plan on leaving my bait feeder on just like I do when Im bottom fishing, not so my bait can take line but so if I get a run .... bla bla bla you know! Somebody please correct me if Im in error....

The balloon is a good, cheap option. You can even use it as a slip float by sliding a 1" piece of tubing or coffee straw on your line above the barrel swivel of a 2ft leader and tie the balloon onto it. It can slide freely to any desired depth until it hits your bead stop. You blow up the balloons to match the size of your bait. Also use at night by snapping and inserting a glowstick before blowing up your balloon. Bait can really move around freely under balloon so pretty awesome technique to cover some water. If in tight quarters with snags, you can temper the movement of your bait by adding more weight above the barrel swivel of your 2ft leader and also by adjusting it with your rod and reel-----let the wind, current, or the bait itself drift right up next to snags and then tighten the leash on it and hold it there for a while. It's pretty cool to watch a glow baloon streak down through the water!

weight is for keeping fish down and standing your float straight up. If your floats stands up you can easily tell if the bait has hit bottom or got wrapped up or whatever. I use Catfish stalker floats and those are labeled how much weight it takes to stand the float up.
so it says the bobbers are weighted for the total weight of sinker and bait, but i only see them up to 5 ounces. does the fish swimming around allow the weight to be taken off of the bobber? Also the bait fish would be able to swim the bobber under water then right?

so it says the bobbers are weighted for the total weight of sinker and bait, but i only see them up to 5 ounces. does the fish swimming around allow the weight to be taken off of the bobber? Also the bait fish would be able to swim the bobber under water then right?
no and no

That is dam good idea and advice. I never thought about doing this. I have seen the set ups at Cabelas several times just didnt think it would be good for lake fishing. But now I see that I was wrong on this. I will ordering some and trying to make my own for the next Plez trip. Again thanks for the idea, in put and advice...

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.