Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so can some one drop a lil knowledge on me about float fishing ie rigging best way to use this technique , ive tryed figureing it out myself but to no avail

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
There are a few ways: tie up a slip knot on ur main line at the depth you want your bait swimming. Slip on a bead, your float, a few ounces of led a leader around 2ft and a circle hook. A swivel will help keep the bait from twisting up ur line. With a slip float you can cast your bait and let it swim around. The right depth is everthing... Keeping your bait swimming a few feet off the bottom and u are in business.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok so think i under stand the rigging, so is the weight to keep the bait stationary or just to slow down and/or controll the drift?

·
Registered
503 Posts
weight is for keeping fish down and standing your float straight up. If your floats stands up you can easily tell if the bait has hit bottom or got wrapped up or whatever. I use Catfish stalker floats and those are labeled how much weight it takes to stand the float up.
do you find this to be more effective

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
im assuming that this technique is used mainly with gills or other similar sized baits? thinking youd need a mighty big bobber to keep the bobber above water with a 2lb carp underneath it.

·
Banned
3,751 Posts
im assuming that this technique is used mainly with gills or other similar sized baits? thinking youd need a mighty big bobber to keep the bobber above water with a 2lb carp underneath it.
I've used slipbobber rigs for targeting other specie's but never for flatheading...gonna give it a whirl though!!! Might need a beachball to suspend a 2-3lb carp though LOL

·
Registered
501 Posts
I've used slipbobber rigs for targeting other specie's but never for flatheading...gonna give it a whirl though!!! Might need a beachball to suspend a 2-3lb carp though LOL
POOL NOODLE.....

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
ah theres that THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX thing again. seems to be popping up a lot for me recently.... lol :bruised:

·
Registered
503 Posts
I was thinking balloons

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
saweet. i get the concept now, seems simple. might have to make a couple up and give them a shot. or heck just order them who knows.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts