Float/Fish Trip

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by Little Tree Rat, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Little Tree Rat

Little Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Me and my dad Kansas Tree Rat did our first overnighter. It was pretty fun, havent fished a river in a really long time. We headed out Tuesday round 12 (i think,) and chased bait for a while. Caught fish the whole way down river, by the time we reached camp i had 2 and he had 2. The funnest part going down river was when i had a birds nest in my line and had to use my hand as the reel to get in a channel, fun, exciting, and a little overwhelming. We set some limb lines, which i had never done, and pitched camp. It was kind of neat the places that we camped at was next to a riffle, so we could just walk across the river from side to side so we walked and bank fished in a deep pool caught some there. Checked the limb lines bout 12:30 a.m. 5 pounder on one. This morning (Wednesday) we checked the lines with no luck so we walked back up river to fish a small water fall/deep pool. Dad fished the fall, and i fished the pool, he had 3 good sized channel right off the bat, me no luck :sad2:. But things soon turned, well kind of. We switched places and i ended up landing a PB, a 7 pound channel, fishes sure can fight :big_smile:, and since i didnt catch anything after that, dad let me fight a Whiper (spell check) that he hooked. I myself didnt catch anything the rest of today, but dad caught another 2 or 3 channel. Had some really great pictures of both the camp site and of me with fish, and dad with fish, but dads camera malfunctioned and we lost all of them :angry:. So needless to say, i had an amazing time both fishin, and with just spendin time with my dad out on the river where it is so peaceful you can just forget all your problems and just relax.

2. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    Mallory your something else.So glad you and your dad can do this together.Zandra is growing up like that too.Sounds like a fun trip.

3. Little Tree Rat

Little Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Well thank ya, i think :smile2:, i love spendin time with my dad, im not as tough as Zandra though, she is one tough cookie, im still a sissy when it comes to some things (Like snakes :eek:oooh:)

4. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Congrats on a good trip Mallory. Glad to hear you got a new PB Channel. :big_smile:

5. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Mallory what a trip.Sound like you had a ton of fun fishing/camping/catching.
    Nothing better than spending the night on a little creek all to yourself.

Sorry about the Pictures but i have a fillin you are going to catch one bigger very soon.

Your a great daughter to your Dad and he is very proud of you.
    Who wouldn't be!!

6. Dead Red Rick

Dead Red Rick New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Mallory sounds like a great trip it is really great to see kids spend time with there parents beleive me it means a lot to the parent also.

7. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    We all have things we have an irrational reaction to. I startle easily. I hate
    not remembering simple stuff I should remember. The hybrid between white
    bass and striped bass is called a wiper by KDWP. I assume that it is known
    by other catchy names in other states. I remember laughing uncontrollably
    in a library the first time I read that name. Almost as funny as the multiple
    pronunciations of the planet Uranus. Yes, I am a pathetic geek...

8. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Mallory What a Great Report on your fishing trip!!! Thank You and Congrats on your New Personal Best.J.D.:wink:

9. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Sounds like a blast Mallory. Congrats on your PB.:cool2:

10. mcseal2

mcseal2 Active Member

State:
    Kansas
    I'd better not let my girfriend read this, you have her PB beat!

Congrats on the big fish and glad you had a good time.

11. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Congrats on your pb! Sounds like you both had a blast! I cant wait til my daughter is a little older to do some trips like that.

12. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    Sounds like another great trip mallory. Maybe one of these days I'll get your dad to let me tag along on one of his adventures.:smile2: