Float Catfishing!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by CJ21, Jun 23, 2009.

1. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Kenny have made me woke up to slip bobber fishing, I have did slip bobber fishing in the past and it has always outfishes bottom rigs., but now I am going back to it, because I have not been catching anything on the bottom.

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Change can be good and the willlingness to try it even better. Tear em up.:wink:

3. Fatman

Fatman New Member

State:
    Vermont
    If I didn't have at least one rig with a slip bobber on it, I wouldn't be fishin!!! They work great.

In-Fisherman had a show with Doug Stange and I think Matt Straw where they were walking the shoreline and using collaspable crappie poles with some line and a slip bobber and fishing heavy duty snags and pulling some sweet cats out with them.

Slip bobbers will always have a place in my tackle

Fatman

4. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Matter of fact, I caught my PB of 2009 on a Slip Bobber rig. It was a 15lb. 10oz. Channel Cat. The fish I'm holding on my Avatar! I was using bloodbait on a Slip Bobber rig to present the bait over some rocks where the big cats live. Very productive techique and it works great to present baits near snags where otherwise you would get snagged up using a bottom rig..

Yes, bobbers are always in my fishing arsenal!!:big_smile:

5. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I've come to the realization that not all cats stay on the bottom..Especially in lakes that stratify during the summer the cats will be suspended..Plus who says you can't use a slip bobber and not still fish on the bottom?

6. mdavis

mdavis New Member

State:
    Iowa
    All I use is slip Bobers and planer boards. With a slip I can fish the bottom or suspend my bait. Usually start off with some on the bottom and some suspended of the bottom till i see where the cats are. :)

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree with you all on the slip bobbers. If you haven't tried the Wild Wolf katbobbers, check them out and move up to another level in bobber fishing. They will do the work for you.

8. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Tried the WildWolf bigcat slipfloats this year,Love em,I can,t think of anything they wouldn,t be able to handle!:wink: