Float Adjustment Tool

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by BKS72, Mar 27, 2008.

1. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I've rebuilt the carbs on my motor(1980 E'rude 75hp 3 cyl) before with no issues. OMC, however, won't give a float adjustment measurement in the service manual, they say to use a float adjustment tool, which is basically a jig for checking float height against the carb body, if I remember right. Does anybody know where the floats should be set at or a substitute for this tool? Thanks,

Branden

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    You want the float to set even or parell with the body of the carb. Just turn the part that the float sets in upside down and look at it at eye level and make sure its setting parrell on the needle and seat. It doesn't hurt if its set tilting forward a little but not high as this will starve the carb for fuel. I know this is confusing buit this afternoon I will post a picture of what i am trying to say here.

3. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    There's a pic in the carb rebuild post.

4. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Thanks guys - you obviously know better than me how aggravating OMC is with their "shift rod ajustment tool, P/N XXXXXX", "Float Height Gauge Tool, P/N XXXXX":big_smile:

Bubba, I think I got what you're saying and BobPaul I'll check the pix on the carb thread.

Thanks again!

Branden

5. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    It will be picture 15 and again thanks bob for that good illustration and If I can just remember that its there. CRS taking over.

6. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    What carb thread?:smile2: