Flippers Gallatin

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by cumberlandcat, Feb 22, 2008.

1. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Anybody know what time flippers opens in the morning? I am taking a guy out fishing that hasn't been in years and he needs a lic. Since thats where we are launching from I was going to try and get one there.

Thanks

2. TN-CATFISHER

TN-CATFISHER New Member

State:
    Cannon County, Middle TN
    Let me know how fishing is for skips up there Chris, and watch out for those weekend lunatics :wink:

3. cumberlandcat

State:
    Tennessee
    Ya the ones without the trolling motors, LOL.

4. petersoutcats

petersoutcats New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Not sure, but I know it is not open yet at day break.
    I'm launching at lock 2 launch on the Cumberland. Thought I would try that part of the river up to the dam. Stones River mouth in particular.
    Good luck tomorrow CC

5. TN-CATFISHER

TN-CATFISHER New Member

State:
    Cannon County, Middle TN
    If I went out right now, I'd be one of the one's without a trolling motor too. I tore up my bow mount on one of my last trips out. Well I was looking for a reason to replace it anyway. I want to get one of those wireless setups.

When are licenses available for this year anyway? I thought it wasn't till the end of the month? If that's the case, your friends license would only be good for a few days :crazy:

6. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    The 2008-2009 licenses are available now. They started selling them on the 18th.

There are 1 day licenses available in TN. I'm sure that's what the friend chose to do.

7. cumberlandcat

State:
    Tennessee
    Actually he went ahead and bought a full year so he wouldn't have any excuses to go next time. We caught like 5 skips and then we tried for cats. man did we catch some huge channels today, he caught the biggest fish of his life about a 15 lb channel, I think we ended up with about 5 fish, three of them were 15lbs and up and a small blue. I wish I could have taped him bringing that fish in he was whoopin and hollerin, I am glad it wasn't to much bigger he wasn't going to let that fish fight at all reeling as fast and hard as he could, any bigger and he would have broke something.

8. petersoutcats

petersoutcats New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Glad to hear you all had a good time.
    I fished below Old Hickory. dam, no fish there yet. No Cats biting down river for me yesterday ether. Lots of stripe biting though.:big_smile: