Flint River

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by dallas, May 26, 2008.

1. dallas

dallas New Member

State:
    Jackson,Georgia
    Wife and I fished the Flint River for the first time this weekend, was able to catch plenty of small bream for bait but fished every deep hole we could find, average depth 7 to 15 feet , she was able to land ONE flathead with a scale tipping 1/2 pound on a nightcrawler. No other fish were captured, but had some exciting strikes on a plastic frog pitched close to the edge .
    The best time had was trying to land the boat onto the trailer at the ramp, was a bit undercut at the end so had to back the trailer in sideways sorta, and it was at a funny angle and I had to make SEVERAL jabs at it before just jumping on the edge and man(woman)-handling it onto the trailer!
    All in all it was a nice relaxing trip and the views were very nice. But I guess its not always just about the fishing.
    I will return.
    Dallas

2. papasage

papasage Member

State:
    Fitzgerald, Geo
    what part of the Flint wer you fishing?

3. dallas

dallas New Member

State:
    Jackson,Georgia
    to put where I was at, Near Molena, GA.
    Joe Kurtz WMA boat ramp.
    and hiway 18 boat ramp

4. papasage

papasage Member

State:
    Fitzgerald, Geo
    i do most of my fishing around lake blacksher and the ocmulgee river . have herd of and seen some big cats cought below the dam at blacksher . there are some big cats in the lake . i usealey fish for crappie over there . plannon doing some cat fishing at night on the lake . the boat traffic is to heavy for summer daytime fishing .most of my fishing will be on the ocmulgee if the water stayes high enough to runn it .

5. bull68dawg

bull68dawg New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I just got back from the flint, went fishing all day friday and saturday with a total of 9 catfish only 2 were flatheads but one was 24lbs so it was a nice fish. then we caught a couple bullheads and two channels.. Pretty nice little trip....