Flint river Jonesboro area?

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by beertools, Jun 1, 2009.

1. beertools

beertools New Member

State:
    georgia
    I live in Jonesboro and if I jump my fence in my back yard and run a 100 yards, I will be swimming in the flint river. The flint is not very wide here maybe 30 yards across. I see people fishing (I think for pan fish, I would never eat any fish from these parts is you know the flint around here) around hwy 138 bridge. I talked to a neighbor today and he said he use to fish at the hwy 138 bridge and flint river rd bridge. He said he would hook fish that would break 10 pound test line and break his pole. He also said that he has caught some channel cats there. Has anyone fished the flint this far north and is my neighbor BSing me! I'm thinking about fishing it this weekend.:wink:

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I am sure it holds some cats and I would guess some decent sized ones. Give it a try. Can't hurt and it may be your new secret honey hole.

3. CATCHARMER

CATCHARMER New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    I HAVE BEEN ON THE FLINT OFF HWY 96 IT IS VERY SHALLOW HERE. SOME PLACES WE COULD NOT USE THE MOTOR. WE HAD TO GET OUT AND PULL THE BOAT ACROSS THE BOTTOM. HOW IS IT THERE?

4. goshawk

goshawk New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I also fish around the Hwy 96 bridge. Caught a few reasonable size channel cats and even a carp or two. Never filled a stringer however.