Flint lock rifle

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by billNpam, Sep 13, 2007.

1. billNpam

billNpam Active Member

State:
    Alabama
    Is there still a company that makes a flint lock rifle. I have a traditional muzzle loader but looking at getting back into the more traditional hunting?

2. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    theres alot of flinters out there, seems thyr the hardcore diehard ones at that. wouldnt be surprized if our own famous pee wee shootsum:smile2: we love you peewee

3. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    There are in Cabela's Catalogs to order I was looking at them just the other day. I'm sure Bass Pro carries them also and can special order you one.

4. pat muckelroy

pat muckelroy New Member

State:
    texas
    Get a copy of the Muzzle Blast magazine from the National Muzzle loading rifle Association. There will be ads in there for flintlock rifles from very basic to full custom jobs. Join if you are not a member as the magazine is full of good info. Pat

5. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
  6. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I've got a Lyman Great Plains rifle in the caplock. They also make it in the flintlock version also. Mine is the most consistent rifle I own. I sighted it in over 10 years ago, and haven't touched the sights since! I want one also in the flintlock version. It's made to shoot only round balls but you can get it in 50 and 54 caliber. I've got the 54, and when you hit them with a round ball that size, they STAY PUT! It's a great gun for traditional. It's not full stock, but resembles more the hawkins style plains rifle.