FLINT AT MARSHALLVILLE

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by KSEAMON, Jul 2, 2009.

1. KSEAMON

KSEAMON New Member

State:
    PERRY, GA
    ANYBODY FISHING FLINT AROUND MARSHALLVILLE OR MONTEZUMA? IF SO BEST TIMES, BEST PLACES...
    THANKS, KEITH

2. goshawk

goshawk New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Have not fished that area yet, but plan on doing so before summer is over. I heard the flint will drop quite a bit in the next week or so and I think that will be a good time to find those fishing holes.

I've cought a few channell cats in the 2 lb range off 96 near Fort Valley.

Pat

3. KSEAMON

KSEAMON New Member

State:
    PERRY, GA
    Caught this one ( avatar my PB 24 Lbs +) late yesterday! On the Flint, water rising, in the shallows about 5 ft of water, on live Blue Gill. Caught 4 others 4 to 9 Lbs.

4. goshawk

goshawk New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Just wondering what time of the day did you catch that flathead?

I went fishing on the Flint last night. Fished all night long and got nothing. Tried live bream, liver, worms, homemade dough bait end even some hot dogs.

Got nothing. The river was up however. We put in at 128 between Butler and Roberta. Last time I went this way the river was so low that not much going on with motor boats (I'm a kayaker)

This time I even saw a pontoon boat.

I don't know blame it on the full moon?

5. KSEAMON

KSEAMON New Member

State:
    PERRY, GA
    We caught these fish at Reeves Landing, down river. We got in the water about 4:00 pm the fish started biting about 5:30 pm and not another bite after sun set. And you were right, the water was up almost 2ft. that day. I wish I could figure it out... Maybe some day, soon I hope!