FLEEING THE WEATHER

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Angler Ace, Mar 1, 2009.

WOULD YOU MOVE

1. YES

2. NO

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
    If you had a chance to get away from the weather conditions in your area, being to cold or to hot. Would you move .
    I moved to California from Rhode Island to get away from the snow and cold. Rhode Island was ok in the Summer, but winter was to long.
    Would you move to another part of the country with better Climate. You can mention why you would move also. I have (SAD} SEASONAS AFFETCING DISORDER, it can be very depressing, so I did something about it.

2. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    For years, growing up, I always wanted to live anywhere but here. Somewhere else, where there was more snow, cooler summer days, etc. But in the last dozen or so years, I've come to appreciate our weather here in Northwest Louisiana. You can garden longer, we have longer hunting seasons, & fishing could be just about year 'round. So, finally, I can say I'm quite happy where I am!:roll_eyes:

3. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio
    Sorry john I like it here in ohio yea it gets cold in the winter and hot in the summer but thats just the sessons.

4. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Where I live we are 2 hrs from 3 national parks, Pacific ocean and 30 min to my favorite fishing hole:wink: Worst type of weather we get is the Central Valley fog. Now that can get anyone depressed:wink: But it goes with the area we live in. I love it here in Fresno California:cool2:

5. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Nope...my roots are deep. Lots of good fishing and hunting very close.:cool2:

6. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    If I were not married or if I could talk the better 1/2 into it I would move south. Preferably South Carolina/North Carolina but Georgia would be a good deal also

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I voted yes but my wife continues to cancel that vote. I have watched the weather according to my feelings and I would like to move to Alabama.

8. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    i voted no i like the diffrent weather we receive

9. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Nope. Here in Okla. you just have to wait 30 min and the weather will change. Like this week- first part of wk 80 degrees today 27.:smile2::smile2::smile2:

10. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Nope, I'd still pick right here.

11. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    I voted no cause there is no perfect weather conditions year round so I figured after triing to flee the weather for many years I will stay here in Ga and wait
    I have lived in Arizona California Missouri Mississippi Louisiana Kansas Kentucky Oregon and Washington but I ain't found perfect weather year round so I will wait here on the good stuff

12. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    Nope, I'm gonna stay right where i'm at. Unless I win the lottery... Then i'm gonna have a house here, and there, and over there...lol

Central Texas is the best place on earth to be...... We mainly have two seasons; Summer and Fall. Sometimes we have a little winter and spring. This year we had some freezing weather, but it warmed up really quick. We jumped from winter to summer last week, but back to winter this weekend..lol I'm hoping we have a little spring this year, but the weather is so messed up everywhere, i'm not sure if we will or not.

I wouldn't trade it for any place though.... Full time that is.....

13. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I grew up in MN, and spent time in Ca, DC, Asia, and other places. I prefer the Midwest the best. My wife likes CA, she don't like cold. Kids was all born and raised in CA, so they haven't learned any better, although they have been in the midwest. We have cold weather and sometimes a lot of snow but we don't have any poisonous snakes, spiders, or aligators. Folks who grow up around that may learn to pay attention, but where I grew up we only have to worry about the cold for a few months.

14. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    if it were up to me i'd move somewhere warmer with less of a winter, i've had a couple back surgeries and this cold and damp weather doesn't help, but the wife wouldn't move cause all here family is close by:confused2:

15. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    I'am here to stay... can be at the ocean to fish and take in the site's all day and then head to the high country to play in the snow all in the same day :smile2: Plus the sacremento river is second only the the GREAT mississippi so i think we have it all here,Plus were number 2 in the nation for duck hunting so am here to stay.:wink:

16. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    I have big bucks in my backyard and big fish in a 26,000 acre lake two minutes from my house. I think I'll hang around here a little longer.

I would like to have a cabin in the mountains one day though. It gets really hot and humid here in the summer. But I ain't complaining. LOL

17. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    love where im at but would like to spend six months out of the year at port oconnor texas.

18. Barry Nelson

Barry Nelson New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Im in Tennessee , cant think of a better place to live given the things I love...so No, I wouldnt want to live anywhere else.

19. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have lived in other places, but have always returned to the area I grew up. I can't say I like the weather around here, but I do love the land. My dads farm has been in our family every since my great great-grandfather came to this country. The house I grew up in was built by my great-grandfather. The wood he used to build the house came from the trees growing on his land. Its the same land that my father and me farm together, and hopefully my children and myself will some day farm together.

20. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Yonder in Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    Whatever I want to do is close by. Cold weather makes Spring that much better. Hot summers make Fall that much better.