Flea Market Toys - new reel

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by BIG_D, Oct 6, 2008.

1. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    found a big zebco 6'6 med-heavy rod it is a pro staff rod will make a good lake rod a little light for the river had a silstar ct 60b gear ratio 4:1 looks like a good heavy reel got it all for $10.00 couldent pass it up i put the reel on my O master rod never had a silstar reel but have some of thear rods i like thear rods we will see about the reel already riged it up for tomorrow gona try alton lock and dam agen
    love flea markets dont you thay are good for hunting old treasers im geting till im interested in old reels to colect thats what i was doing thear today but no luck but thats part of the fun the hunt :cool2:
    hears a few pics of the reel

Attached Files:

2. Ghosth

Ghosth New Member

State:
    North Dakota
    Great find Dallas!

3. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Good find. Hope it works out for you.

4. richmondherperman

richmondherperman New Member

State:
    va
    Yaeh i go to craigslist,yard sales to and i once got a 10 foot surf rod and a penn slammer spinning reel for $25 a nother time i got a sealine rock cod 610 and a senator 2 rod 50-80 line 9/0 size for $20 wow.

5. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    You just gotta love treasure huntin:wink:(LOL)

6. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    Kenny it is fun and i love restoring uther pepples junk

7. dex

dex New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Now that is a great find as a matter of fact my mom uses the same reel and has caught a great a number of good size fish for more than 10 years on the same model of reel.

8. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    cool thay must not be to bada reel if its lasted 10 years:cool2:

9. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Me too Dallis we are giong to rutlidge in the morning and I am looking fer treasures....I been getting 100 lot of hooks for 10-13 bucks an I am looking fer a penn reel or two dad needs another(lol)

10. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    Kenny i like hunting this crap as much as i like using it lol like i tell mama cant have to much fishing stuff lol iv got intarested in colecting old reels is whats got me started not found any yet but im still finding deals lol good luck in your serch brother and have fun report in on your findings :cool2:

11. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    I am not sure about Silstar (the company in general), havent seen much of their stuff. But I own a Silstar light action rod and open bail. I have had it for about 13 years, and it has proved to be one of the best I have ever owned. I have caught 100's of fish on it and never had a problem, it casts, and reels smoothly, excellent drag, and handling. I wouldnt trade it for anything.