Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ever one good news i caught 3 flat heads this week a 6# 12.5# and 13# got pic will post them aint got time going to the ohio but caught them in white river on gills swallow logs. good news been a long long winter. ps they pulled hard and looked like they were eatting pretty good.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Thats good to hear. I'll prolly go out and give the Wabash a try tonight. Set up by a bridge pilling that has some shallow timber or might go down to a deep hole not sure yet.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Thats good to hear. I'll prolly go out and give the Wabash a try tonight. Set up by a bridge pilling that has some shallow timber or might go down to a deep hole not sure yet.
ya might give that deeper hole a shot first, I dunno.

This week I only caught baby channels, bass and crappie on minnows in the shallower water-- the gills I fished with in the shallows just sit there... but I was fishin' in a 3 acre pond... maybe crappie, etc. spawn so early in the shallows before the flatheads start actively feeding in the shallows? I have caught flats this time of year on slow moving jigs and cut/deadbait as much (or more) as I caught them on bigger live bait....

·
Registered
205 Posts
ya might give that deeper hole a shot first, I dunno.

This week I only caught baby channels, bass and crappie on minnows in the shallower water-- the gills I fished with in the shallows just sit there... but I was fishin' in a 3 acre pond... maybe crappie, etc. spawn so early in the shallows before the flatheads start actively feeding in the shallows? I have caught flats this time of year on slow moving jigs and cut/deadbait as much (or more) as I caught them on bigger live bait....

I know the feeling. Last summer we caught most of our big flatheads on cutbait o_O. Hopefully this year I can snag a few monsters. I had a few take off at Raccoon Lake last year but the circle hook came back into the bluegill instead of the fish :angry:. Bought me some bigger hooks from catfish connections this year ^_^

·
Registered
365 Posts
Shadgut why do we want to waste a full take of gas when we can go downtown take our jets to uncharted and unfished water and go there where theres monsters and there abundant. Granted yes farther south the better but if i go down there its to the OHIO hopefully!!!!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When to the white yesterday. Caught 4 flats and 6 channels. All were on cut gills i thank because the water was a little muddy. All the flats were caught in the day time. In the middle of the river in a 18.5 hole with tons of big rocks and current breaks. biggest was 15.5 and he pulled.

p.s. Shadgut i found a new hole lol

Attachments

·
Registered
365 Posts
Me and blazerjet wen out in pursuit of flatty last night and ended up catching two 12 to 14lbs channels. NO FLATS. Cant wait till tonight to get out there and try agian.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.