Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
I don't think I can chose one over the other. I love to catch Big Blues and Big Flatheads. I guess it depends on what time of the year it is. In the winter I fish for Blues and in the warmer months I fish for Flatheads. Both are equally rewarding for me.:crazy:

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I like the flatheads better. They fight better and it's more of a challenge to catch them. I do like catching blues also. I've had afew big ones really wear me out. One thing about big blues I do like is that will burn some line out on you. Trying to turn those gaints around in swift water isn't easy.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Looks-Flatheads.....Strength-Flatheads.........Attitude.......Flatheads..........HUH looks like flatheads, Consistently catching flatheads is someting you really have to work at, they aren't big dummies like blues are. Blues are all in the bite, I'd rather catch 20 pound channels than 40 pound blues, channels will outfight blue hands down. That being said, I would still love to catch a giant blue. I love em' all, catfish that is.
Oh Matt, you just wait...

I'm going to put you in ungodly current with a big blue on the end of your line and then we'll see what you say!:cool2:

·
Registered
819 Posts
Flatheads over blues any day. They ahve a flat tail built for power instead of a forked tail for speed. Ive got big blues the same size as a flat and the flat wont let you move him off the bottom. I think it takes more skill to to catch flats also but thats my opinion. I just like catching catfish in general like someone else said there like freshwater sharks.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.