Flatmasters 3 event June 20th thru 21st

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by bluehunter, May 20, 2009.

1. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Ok party people if you want to get in some of the fun festvities look out for this one. The events have been getting better and better thanks to meeting up with the right people to make it happen and this should be the best one so far held in the area. Look into thread here if you are interested. Advertising will be in local papers just like the IV event.

I been on a roll with events this year and its not over either. :big_smile:

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111529

2. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Well fellas getting ready to roll out. Looking forward to the trip and the safe drive. Will give report upon getting back but will have to hold off on pics and vid until computer gets fixed. However I can still give report thru blackberry unless someone else decides to post pics until I am able to get things back up. Looks to be promising though and a good one. I have to make a stop in the IV to pick up Todd and its on. Everybody have a nice weekend and I will get back with yall soon.

B

3. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Look forward to your report B:wink:

4. desertcatrat

desertcatrat New Member

State:
    Palm Springs,a.
    good luck blue, cant make this one , i have my daughter, but let me know whens the next one

5. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Quick update. Went out last night with trueblue and todd. Got into a few flats, biggest was a 55 pounder. Thats right 55 pounds. Will post pics later. Too bad it did not count for derby though. Will get back with yall later.
    BTW flat bit on tilapia. We been havinjg better luck with tilapia it seems. Todd caught the 55. Your truly got the dirty work in with hoping down the embankment. Lol. True blue helped out as well.

6. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Oh man, that's a nice fish.
    Did you CPR it?
    It's time to think about trying to preserve the Gene pool of those Bigger cats.

7. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    guess todd was hungry. andre called to tell me and said dale was flaying it out. whatever, that is big one.
    gary

8. desertcatrat

desertcatrat New Member

State:
    Palm Springs,a.
    monster flat nice work
    would like to have seen it go back to live on anther day
    oh well, was it in main channel or backwaters?

9. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Thanks fellas. After using another scale fish came out to a little above 50 pounds aside from the B and B scale. So nevertheless its a plus 50. Some other guys fished last night but nothing much happening. I guess we found the honey hole. This same fish broke me off around 10pm. Aint that something? It had my hook in its mouth still. Todd has spider wire so when it went for bushes it was fairly easy getting it out. We had a few smaller rat flats to up to 8 pounds.giving it another go tonite, bout to search for some channels and a few bait too.

10. desertcatrat

desertcatrat New Member

State:
    Palm Springs,a.
    i second that, i cpr everything but i can see those who like to catch and eat fish
    i respect that
    i do think that fish over 35 or so should be considered for release to keep the fishery goin
    i dont know how fast they grow but im sure it takes a while for a fish to get to 40 or 50 +

11. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    I did not catch the fish. However i respect the wishes of those who wants tp keep their personal pb. I released many big cats, but i do not and will not drill into anyones head what they should do. Its their right to do so. There is no shortage of flatheads along the river system here. No do I see that in the near future.one trophy kept will do no harm nor damage the gene pool especially by someone who gets out rarely to fish. So before the thread heads south for a persons pb, lets get give him his due and carry on. Im sure that they would not want to keep another one after avccomplishing their lifetime pb so far.

12. desertcatrat

desertcatrat New Member

State:
    Palm Springs,a.
    dont get me wrong im not pressin
    i respect a mans right to keep any legal fish, thats an individual dacision
    good job todd
    ill never tell any man what to do with a fish he caught
    i do what i want with mine

13. desertcatrat

desertcatrat New Member

State:
    Palm Springs,a.
    sorry if offense was taken, i was merely stating my opinion
    i hope the tourney goes well wish i was there
    gonna take my daughter over to a little county lake in the desert here and throw a few lines in
    cook some dogs
    its her first fishin trip
    hope all do well in the tourney

14. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Righteous Brian. Im in agreement. We just need to let every man have his due. I keep my pb at 42 before, now, i have no need or desire to keep another one like that. Dont want to clea, it, its too much hassle, dont want to eat it, im am not a big catfish eater. However my family is and friends and i will give them fish from time to time. Let someone have their due without the drill and ceremony that some people like to do. Some know what they are starting when they post and will do things intentionally to take away from someones glory. Thats all that I am saying. I look forward to you getting your pb again, and when its released, thats all the marrier.

15. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Hey gary thanks. And btw I had to get on dfown again to get this one. Lol.

16. desertcatrat

desertcatrat New Member

State:
    Palm Springs,a.
    thanx b now go out and make it happen tonite
    im just as happy to see someone elses joy in catching a fish than my own
    i have no agenda other than to fish and be around good people
    respect goes a long way
    you guys have a good time and be safe, look forward to the results
    let me know the iv dates when u get time

17. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    no problem blue. forgot you had dales computer available down there. or whoever's you used. but spread the good word. nail a big one for me.
    sometime in future (sigh) will have work on jaw done and choppers in and will be able to get out again. then will make some of yours.
    gary

18. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Most definitely Brian. We have a good showing. Great people and attitudes. Hopefully some great fish in the morn. I just still can believe that 50 broke my line and 4 hrs later bit Todds. Then still had both hooks in its mouth. That definitely is a story to remember. Im am startinf to believe in the breaded line thing for all of the snaggs and bushes.

19. desertcatrat

desertcatrat New Member

State:
    Palm Springs,a.
    braid has its ads ,that is a crazy story
    ive caught fish with a hook in mouth
    but not my buddies! crazy
    one for the books
    fyi, i just ordered my first spool of 80 lb braid, we'll see
    have a good nite, clickers singin and drags screamin

20. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    I never try and tell anyone what they should do with any fish they might catch.
    I firmly believe that as long as it is within the regulations a persons catch belongs to them and no one else to do with as they please.
    I will however promote CPR for these bigger fish even if it just consists of asking about it.
    A subtle way of putting the idea into someones mind.