Flathunters Streak Is Over!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by H2O Mellon, Sep 27, 2009.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Last night Flathunter and I did some hard core fishing. We started around 10:30 PM or so. We sat through a stinking monoon, not to mention the heat seeking man killer lightning that was attempting to strike us down. After that the tempture dropped 15 degrees and the wind started blowing out of the north. To put it mildly we were cold, wet and depressed.... thank goodness for Walmart. At around 1 AM I had to go there to buy new jackets for us!

We were bound and determined to sit it out and we did.

Flathuner finally caught a fish (3 to be excat). They were all channels, one being pretty nice around 7 or 8 pounds. Granted no trophy flatheads this time, but at least Jack got something. The streak is over!

2. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    Bout time!:wink: Just kidding. Glad Jack finally got some fish. Now just watch : he may never get skunked again. The man is due some serious luck!

3. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    when i seen the title i figured he broke down and went to the paylake...:wink:

4. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    The important thing is we all learned a lesson here. One. there comes a point when enough rain is enough. and 2. thats for us all to figure out on our own :smile2:

5. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    way to tough it out fellas. congrats on some fish finally Jack. now its on to that 60+ pounder.

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    You guys are either tough or nuts. Congrats to Jack. Tell him to take that crying towel and start using it to wipe his hands on.:smile2:

7. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    way to go flat. good to see ya got over it just in time for fall feeding frenzy:wink:

8. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My god did it rain hard, my truck seats are totaly soaked from my wet a$$ setting on them driving home...My hat felt like I was wearing a soaked sponge, and if just kept raining, and raining.....But I was good to fianlly catch a fish...Not to mention that I wa wading thru ankle deep water, throwing the castnet trying to catch bait...I have never, ever, been that wet fishing...If it was not for the dry jackets Bryan, got us we would not have lasted long.

I told him next time to pick up some sweat pants, socks and shoes while he was at it!!!!:big_smile:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2009
  9. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    Congrats Jack, glad to see you bad spell has been broken....

10. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The lesson I learned was this, if it is raining so hard you cant see your hand in front of your face it is time to go, and not set there for 8 hrs like an idiot:big_smile:

11. dip

dip New Member

State:
    stinkin ohio
    but you got THE MASTER fishing again so kudos to you jakkal! i predict that h2o will break the state record THIS YEAR but he will kiss it and release it.

12. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    lol. Shoot, I'd settle for something 1/2 the size of the record!

I'm hoping I'll get back into te swing of things next year, just had other stuff come up this year that sort of put the fishing on the back burner. Here's to the fall bite and the month of October though! :big_smile: