Flathunter's BIGFOOT Expereince-100% Legit

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by H2O Mellon, Jul 22, 2008.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I thought it was time to bring this one up again. This is from several years ago. I enjoy reading it and sharing it with others every couple of years. This is the real deal folks. I think I alst shared this w/ folks on July 19th 2006. I copied this down from Jack. This is him speaking not me.

My Expereince With Bigfoot By Jack Eblin

After work I grabbed my Abu 6500’s/Big Cat combos, cast net and other essential tackle needed to hunt trophy flatheads. Not only did I find the flatheads I found…. Or I should actually say, what found me was much more vicious and intimidating.

I got to the location of where my truck would be parked. I loaded up all of my supplies and headed to the spot we call “The Goat Path” or “The Hoochie Mien Trail”. It’s called one of these two names due to the journey you have to go through just to get to this bank spot. Usually when I make the ¾ mile hike to get set up I’ll jump up wild game such as rabbits, grouse, and always a whitetail deer or two. This time was different as no animals, not even a song bird was to be found. I thought nothing of this at the time, as I had trophy flatheads on my mind. After aprox 30 minutes of whacking and hacking with my machete I arrived atop of “The Goat Path” I tied the rope used to climb down the 25 foot cliff, to a nearby tree and began sending my equipment down the drop off. I noticed that for some reason all the paw-paw’s had been picked off their branches. The top of this ledge is full of paw-paw trees. I began to look around and I saw probably 10-12 piles of paw-paw’s! I had never seen this before, in fact I thought that I was the only one to venture this far into the woods. Now, I enjoy eating paw-paws every now & then, but I got to thinking that this person must live on them. I even thought that maybe the local Amish folk had been here & picked them but there were no tracks leading out of the woods, or at least non that I noticed. I figured oh well, again nothing was going to stop me from catching huge flatheads tonight so I began to climbs, slide, tumble down to my fishing spot. As soon as I made it down I began throwing my cast net. At 1st I only caught a few carp, then I got into some nice shad, but soon after I ran into trouble. A large school of gar came in after the shad. I was still throwing my cast net & ended up catching a longnose gar that probably went 40-42 inches long! It took all my might but I tossed this gar up on top of the drop off near my rope. I was set on taking this fish back home and maybe even have him meet the grinder. I have had good luck in grinding large gar up and use them as Chum for my crawdad and creek chub traps. After catching enough shad I baited my rods and tossed them out. Within 2 minutes one of my reels started screaming! After a small battle I landed my 1st 20# flathead of the night! What a way to start off the evening. Not too long afterwards my 2nd rod took off, this time it was a slow steady click. I waited and waited, then finally set the hook. This battle took a little more time but it was worth it. I had landed my 1st 30# flathead of the season! By the time I released the fish and baited up again it was dark. The action really slowed down, but around 9:30 PM I landed my 3rd flathead, which came in at just a tad over 22#’s. Little did I know this would be my last fish. Had I any sense, I would have left right then. If so the rest of my story may never have happened and I could maybe fish at night by myself again.

As I stated I went fishless for the rest of the night. I was getting tired around 11:30PM, but there was no way I was leaving until daybreak, especially after landing three nice flatheads. I guess maybe 30-45 minutes went by ad then I began to hear what sounded like something walking along the edge of the water probably a hundred yards away from me or so. I thought to myself “Well it’s about time I heard the deer”. Soon after I heard the splashing water I heard the deer jump onto the bank & trot up the high bank. It sounded like this deer was a nice buck because I could hear something hitting the limbs and branches of the treed on the bank. I was hoping that this big buck would walk right in front of my game cam and have it’s picture taken, but I never heard anything. I got back to getting to the point where I was dozing off when all of a sudden I heard a click and a quick bright light. It startled me for a second, but I soon realized my game cam went off. The came went off a 2nd time, then a 3rd time with in a 2 or 3 minute window. I was feeling pretty good. I love seeing those big bucks on the pictures from the cams. My happiness soon left and goose bumps replaced my smile. I heard what sounded like a deer grunt or snort of somesort followed by a large crashing sound. The thought of this thing or things went from being deer to being wild hogs was in my head now. I thought about it & figured they were probably up there eating the ripe paw-paw’s that were on the ground. Then I smelled it. Wow, did this smell stink! It reminded me of sulfur or a wet dog. I began putting two and two together. I figured what I hear in the water was a boar, maybe several boar and it wasn’t a deer grunt that I heard but rather the boar snorts. I grabbed my machete and flashlight. Within seconds of me picking up the flashlight I heard and saw a dark mass hit the rocks with a few feet of where I was sitting. By now I was worried, actually scared to death was more like it. I didn’t know what was going on, what was up there, it was pitch black and I was alone. I leaned over to see what was thrown at me it was my game came, only in pieces. It looked like someone had smashed it with a ball bat. As I was looking at my broken cam something else came at me. It was a log about 6 or 7 inches in diameter and 3 feet long. I would have been knocked out if this would have hit me. I am in udder confusion now. Whatever is up there it’s obviously not a deer nor is it a boar. I shined my light and pleading for someone to answer me. I never saw a thing but kept hearing something walking around. I would have ran anywhere but I had nowhere to run. I could maybe get to where I heard the footsteps in the water, but I would have to wade out into the river. There was no way that I was climbing up the cliff to meet this thing face to face. Several minutes went by, which by the way seemed like an eternity before the worse fear I’ve ever known came to me. I can honestly tell you that I hear it coming; I turned around because I could feel it. That’s how eerie it was. I jumped a foot or two away from the spot I was standing at as it hit the ground. There looking at me was my gar that I had thrown up the cliff earlier in the night. It had a huge chunk out of it’s back. The bite was so large that it almost tore the gar in two. Now I know how tough gar scales are. A fillet knife will not cut a longnose gar. Out of instinct or reaction my 6 cell maglight shine up the cliff. Now I am not saying that I saw this for sure as it may have been an illusion, but what I thought I saw was close to 8 feet tall, wide and very dark. I just froze with my hand gripping that machete for everything I had. As quick as this thing appeared it disappeared as quickly. The stench of this thing lingered around until day light though. As soon as it was light enough to see, I was out of there. What took me 30-45 minutes to hike into, took me about 5 minutes to run out of. I climbed up the bank & then ran never looking back.
    I arrived home to find my wife in shock at the story. I called my son and friend up & told the story to them. We all three went back to the spot to collect my things, as I left everything but my machete. We did not go alone as we all three had our shotguns at the ready. I showed them the gar the broken camera and the log. I don’t really think the believed me that all of this happened. On the way out I noticed that every last one of the paw-paws was gone. I don’t know what that meant. Could this have been someone dressed up as a “Bigfoot” like creature to scare me out of their paw-paw area or was this a real creature? If it was real I now for a fact that they like paw-paws. The smell was still there but nowhere as near as strong as it was during the night or even the morning. My son said it smelled like Tinks skunk urine that hunter use as cover scent.

Well there it is folks. I have decided to never fish at night alone. Any time I go catfishing now I will be bringing my 45 auto with me as well. I doubt I will ever go back to the “Goat Path” ever again as well.

2. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    heck of a story! thats kinda spooky:eek:oooh: fortunatly all I got livin in the woods by my favorite spot is a homeless guy named "BOOGY MAN" LOL!!!!
    and that is no joke, he has scared the he!! out of me a couple times creeping up. :smile2:

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    What a great read but what paylake was this at:smile2::tounge_out:,

No really that was great read

4. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    i got a come back to read story cause I'm busy right now but,
    I love it when bigfoot comes in the mix. I have bumped heads with him .

Y'all who think BF is not real. Your on your own. :eek:oooh:

5. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    My dad told me a story about coon hunting at night. My dad and his brothers grew up coon hunting, and fishing the river. They were hunting an area on one side, and had turned the hounds out and 5 minutes later the hounds came back to them. My dad told my uncle it was time to leave, they were heading back to the truck and my dad saw what he said looked like a huge man standing in the shadows. They loaded up the hounds and left.

The next week or so, my other uncle was coon hunting the other side of the river with with running Walkers, and he turned them out on a dirt road that ran down by the river (Farmers pasturer), he said they as soon as he opened the door on the dog box, they took off baying on sight. He said they caught up with what ever it was about 1/4 mile down the road. He said it was a heck of a fight from what he could hear. He said when he made it down there, the fight was over, but the dogs were in bad shape, he said they was not one cut or bite mark on them, but something had beat them. One dog young dog would not hunt again, and the others he could not hunt for a couple of weeks.

My first job out of high school, I worked in a rock crusher they had built at the same place where all this had happened. We worked nights and one of the guys who was working there swore up and down he had saw big foot. He almost quit because of the incident, they had to put him on days.

who knows.......

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Gary, that was a great story....maybe something is out there

7. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Who knows, all I know is those hounds my dad and uncle had arent afraid of cats or coyotes, so something had to scare them bad to make them quit hunting.....

8. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    I think this is a case for the catfish ninjas

9. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    This is a good read, Mellon! I just can't wait to see the picture of the remains of the game cam and that gar...

Perhaps we can match the teeth marks on that gar to bite marks on stuff down here in the Wooly Swamp. :wink:

10. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sounds like it was just my ex girlfriend. She's a night-owl, and a little camera shy.. I could'nt take the smell. that's why we broke up. sounds like she might have taken a liken to ya'. better watch your back. she's kinda rough, and she always gets what she wants.

11. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    well bigfoot is kinda like saying there are no black panters in the southern us .

12. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Mellon for sharing an interesting story. That makes ones liver quiver just from reading.

13. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    :0a34: Some of the the evidence I've been gathering is that Jack really is Bigfoot...:crazy:...Believe it or not, I do believe!!! :0a5:

I'll post a thread when I get all the evidence together.:wink::confused2::eek:oooh::roll_eyes:

14. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    interesting :confused2: