Flatheads in the Cape Fear

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by bambam77, Mar 25, 2008.

1. bambam77

bambam77 New Member

State:
    nc
    i'm just looking for some advice on different rigs for bank fishing with live baits. I'm currently using a basic carolina rig with no roll sinkers. I've heard of people using the thill floats but i'm not sure how they are being rigged. I'm limited to bank fishing for now so any advice would be great. Thanks in advance!!!

2. s avent

s avent New Member

State:
    nc
    i fish the upper cape fear mostly, it's shallow and rocky.i use 1oz egg sinkers on a carolina rig and 8/0 circle hooks with 12 inch leader.i fish on a boat but have fished on the bank quite a few times with same rig.i think its more important where you fish.i always fish just dowstream of shallow ripples.in the evening the flats and blues will feed there.also log jams will hold flats.alot of fish i've caught have been 5-10 foot off the bank.i use live bream mostly and keep the lights off does not tend to spook the fish as much

3. bambam77

bambam77 New Member

State:
    nc
    Thanks for the input. I fish the river between east Fayetteville and lock #3. I only have a couple of spots to acess the river from the bank so it's really hard to get on the fish. Maybe i'll get hooked up with a big flat this spring!!!!!

4. CATFISHGARY1

CATFISHGARY1 New Member

State:
    Coats,North Carolina
    hey brother, the float s the way to go up here take your live bait and float thru the rapids ,once and a while you get a good fish but most average between 5-25 lbs