Flatheads in the Altamaha

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by slimcat, Dec 11, 2005.

1. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    I recently made a call to the DNR in Georgia. They told me some disturbing news for us flatheaders. I was informed the state of georgia will continue to remove flatheads from the altamaha. The flatheads are still hurting the bream population is what I was told. If they are removing these fish, I wonder if they would allow them to be transported out of state to other states and rivers? Why kill these wonderful fish, since its not there fault anyway. Heck I would love to have the gar removed from the Ohio, but do you think that will happen.LOL. NO!!! So does anybody have any suggestions. I would be willing to transport these fish to here in KY. IF its legal.

2. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Slime it is illegal here in the state of Georgia to transplant fish from one body of water to another. I am not sure about across state lines but they are only removing them from 3 parts of the river where the rich folk live as they just want the Bass and bream.

3. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    Gator, tell all them rich folk, they can enjoy fishing for our SLIMY friends or I will be willing to take them off there hands.LOL.

4. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    You and me both brother

5. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    hey let me in on that to or we could educate them to the joy of catfishing :cool:

6. Cuda-Cada

Cuda-Cada Member

State:
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    I just called a friend of mine that works for the DNR that is in charge of the flathead surveys on the Altamaha and the Satilla rivers. I have rode with them the past couple of years on some surveys trips. He informed me that the DNR removal is no more on the Altamaha because of budget cuts by the state. They will take a few fish for a contaminent study from time to time though. The do remove them from the Satilla since they are starting to get some there.