Flatheads/blue catfish in Lake Wylie..need your help

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by mudkip, May 11, 2007.

1. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Need help from BOC members who fish Wylie. Wyliecat and myself are on a mission to document catches of flatties and blues for that matter on Lake Wylie.
    If anyone catches a nice blue or flattie please send myself or Wyliecat a PM with length/weight and date/time of catch. A full length picture is especially helpful for identification purposes. We do not want to know where your favorite hole or bait is. After meeting with the biologists from the NCWMR, these guys were very receptive and will work with us to manage our developing trophy fisheries but they need data that we as fishermen can provide. Thanks.

2. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    you an dieter are all they need you know thear address for sure the rest of us only know channel cats.

3. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    If I can ever find them Ill be sure to help.

4. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    I caught a 16 lb flathead today on Wylie. I didnt have a tape to measure it. I caught it around 9:00am or so.

5. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Excellent Cary!!! Did you get a picture. The flats are really coming on in the lake. Just the kind of info we are looking for. Wylie is going to become known for more than just channels in the near future.

6. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I would never actively pursue flatheads or blues on Lake Wylie. There are not enough of them to make it worth your time... :lol:

7. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    There is always Murray and Monty!:lol:

8. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    We lost a good blue last night...prop and mono don't go well together. Can't catch 'em all!:big_smile: