Flatheads are biting great!

Discussion in 'TEXAS RIVERS TALK' started by coolarrow2, Oct 14, 2007.

1. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Went down to the river Friday night with a tub of live bait and fished from dark till around 2:30am. Man it was a blast! I caught 2= 12lb fish, 3 = 8lb 2= 10lb fish. 2= 6lb fish a 5lb one and a 3 lb one. I lost one really good one that the bait got wadded up on the hook and he pulled off. The bug were bad but it was worth it. It's going to be a great fall fishing this year!

2. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    wowoah!!! glad to know someones catching!!!

3. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Catching bait today and I'll be on the river in the morning! Man I hope they are still biting like they were! They should be the river has come up a little with the rain and runoff.

4. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    What river are you fishing? Near what town?

5. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    The Trinity river near Liberty.

6. O2Bfishing

O2Bfishing New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    glad to hear y'all aint got a drought too, whens the fish fry ? :cool2:

7. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Going to fry up some fish here pretty soon. It cooling off enough to have a get together. I have been hearing about the drought over that way. I know it makes the fishing tough in the lakes and the rivers. We had a really dry year a couple of years ago and my buddy and I found all kind of cool stuff in the river that we never knew was there!!! LOL I found a big log that took out the lower unit and $1400.00 out of the wallet and my buddy knocked a 3/4" hole in the bottom of the boat on a well casson pipe that we have never seen and we almost sunk the boat! lol It was a interesting summer. We shot some huge gar with our bows though while the cat were not biting! So there was a bright side!! I hope the winter brings y'all some rain. later

8. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    yeah you fish where the all the forks have met right? cause i been on one fo the forks, and i swear i musta scene 10+ 30lb-70lb gar, some GIANT ones, i wish i had a pole, and it made me really not wanna swim lol

9. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Well it was not as good fishing this weekend. I went Friday during the day and caught a 12lb flathead and a 4lb one. I also caught 2 small blues. I went back at 4:00 am Sunday morning and fished till 8:00 am I caught a 25lb flathead and a 14lb one and that was it. My camera batterys were dead so I was not able to take a picture. It was fun till the blue crabs set in and then I had to go. Looks like it is going to cool off for a little while. Time to do a little bowhunting.

10. easttexcowboy55

easttexcowboy55 New Member

What river are you fighing on?:crazy: