flathead

Discussion in 'LOCAL IOWA TALK' started by the watcher, Aug 30, 2009.

1. the watcher

the watcher New Member

State:
    Iowa
    not really havent been able to get out much because the wapsi is majorly flooded

2. catman79

catman79 New Member

State:
    iowa
    i fish the missouri and big sioux,i got a 8# channel friday,thats the biggest in almost 2 months.nothing for flats

3. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    well this yr isnt being impressive...my top kat is a 18lb flatt couple 15's ole lady a 25lb blue and couple tens...being a off yr here I hope to do better but dunno????

4. Holmer

Holmer New Member

State:
    Iowa
    My fishin' partner and I got 3 last Friday. 20", 25", 30.5". Nothing huge, but after nothing but a couple medium channels for a month, pretty exciting.

5. Longjohn119

Longjohn119 Well-Known Member

State:
    Iowa
    Nothing real big but I caught 3 between 6 1/2 and 9 pounds a week ago ... I plan on hitting that spot the next three nights now that the weather and river has settled down (We broke 2 record lows this week by 10 degrees and I'm not ready to sit in a boat in the dark in 45 degree temps yet)

I've caught a ton of 6-10 pound flatties this year, more flatheads in one season than I can ever remember, as many or more flatheads as channels ... And by total weight it's not even close since I've only caught a handful below 5 pounds