Flathead Workshop

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by Bomberman, May 14, 2009.

1. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    This was in the latest Outdoor Report from VDGIF:

July 28 & Aug. 25 - Flat Out Catfish Workshop I & II - James River at Pony Pasture in Richmond

Come out and wade for big Flathead Catfish on the James River at Pony Pasture in the City of Richmond with professional guide, Mike Ostrander of the James River Fishing School. This workshop is for adults 18 and over. Get more details and register online for Flat Out Catfish Workshop I and Flat Out Catfish Workshop II.

Could be of interest to fellow BOCs.

Tight lines.

2. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    I emailed Mike about the guide trip, and it's a little out of my range. I figure since I'm minutes away from that area I should take it upon myself to learn that area. This weekend is going to be my first Flathead hunting trip at Pony Pasture, I'm going to be looking for the holes...I'll report any catches.
    I think I'm going to sign up for these classes if I can take the daze off work...:eek:oooh: regardless I'm going to focus heavy on that area. Last year I wasted alot of time in the lower James....save that for fall and winter when the monsters are out.
    later
    good luck
    david

3. keepitsimple

keepitsimple New Member

State:
    virginia
    Go learn how to catch those flatties up there then come on down here and let these flatties here teach you a lesson. Screaminreels and myself are wearing them out AND BUSTIN up our tackle.:big_smile:

4. screamnreels

screamnreels Member

State:
    Halifax county
    keepit and myself have put a hurting on the flatheads and they have done us the same.Here are some pics I hope.[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. screamnreels

screamnreels Member

State:
    Halifax county
    more pics.I'm not very good at this!

6. keepitsimple

keepitsimple New Member

State:
    virginia
    Here's the pic of Screaminreels with the 51lber he caught thursday, that kicked his butt.

Attached Files:

7. screamnreels

screamnreels Member

State:
    Halifax county
    Thanks keepit my computer would not download them.

8. Steve Knox

Steve Knox Active Member

State:
    Richmond, Virginia
    Name:
    Steve
    Chuck -
    Thanks. I've registered for the July date. I've fished with Mike several times. Should be a good day.

Steve Knox