Flathead Willie was on TV again today!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by flathead willie, Aug 10, 2006.

1. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Saturday, July 22nd, the Blues Society I helped start a few months ago put on it's first annual Blues Festival in Roanoke Virginia with 15 solo acts and bands playing on two stages. Performers included Alligator Records recording artist Tinsley Ellis, (from Atlanta Georgia) Mel Melton & The Wicked Mojo's, "The Origional West Virginia Bluesman" Nat Reese, who recorded for the National Folk Music Institute of The Smithsonian Museum and The Library of Congress.
    The event was held on Henry Street in front of an old abandoned hotel that TAP, (Total Action against Poverty) is restoring and converting into an arts and music activity center for the area youth. The building will also house a fully equipped state of the art recording studio where kids will be able to study, work and record with the help of area experts in the recording industry.
    Last night at our monthly meeting/jam session at Martin's (Home of the best BBQ'd Ribs this side of St. Louis), The Blue Ridge Blues Society presented TAP with a check for $2000 from the procedes of the Blues Festival. The Channel 7 News Team was on hand with cameras and reporters to capture the presentation for the local newscast.
    Following the Blues Society meeting and presentation to TAP, Martin's clientel
    was treated to live Blues provided by The Fat Daddy Band, Billie Sutton (AKA Flathead Willie) & The Regulators, and a duet called Chicken Wings & Gravy.

2. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Alright Billie I do enjoy some blues cause I did spend some time in new orleans maybe one day we will meet

3. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Did I miss where you posted this was going to happen?

Hate I missed it.

Take care.
    Cheryl

Last time I was there, I believe we saw John Prine and a couple months prior to that we saw Delbert McClinton, or was it the other way around?

Anyway, let us know a week or so prior next year or whenever there is a blues fest. Would appreciate it.

And keep pickin like Rockhound said!

4. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    That is really cool! Keep doing it Billie!

5. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Man that is something to be proud of! One of these days you might be on a USO tour here! That would be awesome. All of the best too you and your music!

MAJ D

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    That is awesome, got to download it on here so we can watch it.

7. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I've heard the music of the Regulators. That was you? LOL!
    Smart a$$ ain't I. LOL!

8. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Way to go FW...getting the job done...I like that.