Flathead report for South Carolina

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by MUDHOLE KID, Aug 15, 2005.

1. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    2 weeks ago lastnight we fished a small tourney,which we do most every Sat.night.We had a little over 70lbs at weigh -in.30 lbs being our big fish with a nice 23 lber to go along with it.We missed 1st by 3 lbs and missed big fish by 6ozs.the 2 bigger fish came out of a 35' hole.This week I managed to weigh in 52 lbs with another 30lber ,which was my big fish.Luck was with me this week,took 1st place,and took big fish also.All the flatheads caught this week were in 30+ feet of water with the big fish(30lbs) being caught in 38'.I'm gonna stick to my guns about catching deep flatheads.They were also all caught on cut blueback herring.Now it get to go outside and wash the "Slime Bucket".It's good to be able to wash slime .This was on the old fourm so I just moved it on over.

2. turtle1173

turtle1173 New Member

State:
    Mayfield, KY
    Joey, are you catching these in lakes or on rivers? If rivers, how much current are you fishing in?

Shane

3. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    All these fish are from Hartwell,down in Anderson S.C..I fish up in the river runs alot where during the week there's current,but they usally don't pull much water on Sat..They've been pulling from 3P.M. till 6 P.M. on Sat. So I caught these fish in what you may say slack water.

4. davesoutfishing

davesoutfishing New Member

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    if I was to fish the wall of the Dam (maybe 1 foot of concretebetween the dam and us) would that be better?

5. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    Dave ,if you're asking me I really don't know you situation.