FLATHEAD MYTHS

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by slikk03, May 20, 2009.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    I THOUGHT ID POST SOME MYTHS FOR NEWCOMERS, 1 YOU CANT CACH THEM IN THE DAY, 2 THEY ONLY FEED OFF LIVE BAIT ,3 THERE ALWAYS IN DEEP HOLES, 4 THE SMELLER THE BETTER, 5 ANY HOOK AND RIG WILL DO 6 GIVE UP IF YOUR NOT GETTING BITES WHILE BANKFISHING AT NIGHT WITH LIVE BAIT,THATS, JUST A FEW OF MANY MYTHS ABOUT A FLATHEAD, HOPE THIS HELPS SOME NEW TO THE GAME

2. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Its like hunting a wary ol 10 point buck. Ya got put your time in do everything right and still ya wont score till the dice fall right. If they ant hungery the stars and moon ant right and stuff dont aline it ant goina happen lol. Case point a 65LB FLATT my PB on light 10lb gear fishen for eater blues. Do I fish for big flatts? Bet your butt I do. Do I catch some goodens? Yep. Its a matter of time and knowhow. Dont give up try dif stuff and when ya get your first monster smile take a pic and share the story.:big_smile: Not to mention been deer hunting 15 years or so breaks for army sevice in there, still ant dropped a 10 point buck lol.

3. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    your right brother when the time is right you ll land that fat flat until then he s incharge

4. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Theres been many a time I,ve seen some hawgs landed by people doing everything they weren,t supposed to be doing!If the big man upstairs decides your gonna catch a big cat one night,aint nothing gonna stop you.:wink:

5. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    myth busted,i caught 2 of em today durring the daylight hours.lol

6. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    WELL I KNOW ONE THING ABOUT A FLAT AND ANY OTHER FISH THATS VERY TRUE.THEY ARE LIKE A WOMEN DOING WHAT THEY WANT AND IF THEY DON'T WANT YOU TO CATCH THEM THEN YOU WANT AND SOME TIMES WHEN YOUR NOT WANTING TO CATCH THEM YOU DO.LOL:smile2: