Flathead hotel?? You Decide

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by SubnetZero, Apr 22, 2007.

1. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Snapped a couple pics of a SWEET!!! looking spot I found on the river yesterday. I think Im going to have to come back later this summer when the water temp and the water level is up a bit higher with some live bait ....

This pile is right in the middle of a bend, where we tied off, the current is slack water. Right now, river is on the way down (Fishing was hard everywhere yesterday :angry:) in about 4-6ft of water.. I think when the river is on the up rise, with about 3-4 foot higher, some live bait, this spot should produce some really nice fish...

What do you think?

Attached Files:

2. Wyocatman

Wyocatman New Member

State:
    Centralia, Illinois
    Theres only one good way to find out!:confused2: Looks real promising! Great pics too.

Dru

3. Timber Cat

Timber Cat New Member

State:
    Penderlea NC
    Oh yeah:big_smile: ! Maybe when you decide to try it there will be a "no vacancy" sign up and you will pull out some whoppers.:lol: Hope ya tear em up.Reminds me of the places I fish here at home.Good luck and thanks for sharing the pics!!!

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Looks like some real fine real estate. Best of luck to ya.

5. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Tim, I hate to break the news to ya, but you're gonna be sorry when you decide to fish that spot......Sorry that you didnt sign up for the BOC fishoff.
    lol, Good luck brother

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Tim that is some great pics of a good looking spot. I expect you have found a Honey Hole. Good Luck and keep us posted.:lol: :big_smile:

7. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    You should do really well in that spot. let us know how it works out.

8. ravenloft420

ravenloft420 New Member

State:
    mo
    oh man!! I gotta find me a spot like that!! looks like sweet cattin'

9. akwolf41

akwolf41 Master Instigator of the BOC!

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    SubnetZero;

Ole Buddy, I beleive l would fish it anytime your in that area. Now even though its low water, It will hold Flats especially in the evening.

Go get em;

Gene

10. g.kempf

g.kempf New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Looks like a great spot, very typical of the spots that I fish. Cant wait till that water warms up and gets them big flatties moving and eating.

11. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Let me save you from wasteing some time. There are no fish in that area.

Can you please email me a detailed map of where it is on the river so I can go post some signs to keep others from wasteing their time also. :big_smile:

By the way, how much is an out of state fishing license for IL?? (Just in case, lol)

12. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    looks like a good flathead hole to me keep us posted on how it does

13. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Tim, as soon as the water hits 60 degrees you better be fishing that spot. You should have a decent few weeks on that snag cause fish from a mile or more away will be moving around looking for a place to spawn, and that is a prime spot. So you'll get quite a few coming by to inspect that spot. But a big guy will stake it out and chase the others away eventually. But that don't stop them from coming lol. I have caught 40+ lb flats from 2-3 feet of water under simular snags. If the water is slow try to set up in between both and cast toward the bank and each snag. With all the movement through there you will get hit. Good luck.

14. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Ooooo neat Tim! That looks very interesting :smile2:. If you go out and start slayin' the flatheads there though, I bet it'll become the "no-tell" HOTEL :big_smile:.

15. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Tim
    I would have to strongly disagree with all the preceding posts except Tea's.
    It looks like a terrible place, one that I wouldn't waste my time with if I were you.
    In fact, if you give me the GPS coordinates I will anchor my boat upstream from it and stay there to prevent anyone else from wasting their time. Of course I would have to have a few rods out so I don't look suspicious...W

16. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    What he said!
    :big_smile_2:

17. bwillaub

bwillaub New Member

State:
    missouri
    Better post the GPS coordinates so we can all avoid that place.

Let us know how you do.