Flathead Fishing in NC

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by G-Cat, May 10, 2009.

1. G-Cat

G-Cat New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I've fished for channel's and blues mostly all my life and have recently taken an interest in going after some flatheads. I'm not familiar with flathead fishing very much other than its usually done at night with live bait. I was wondering if any of you guys knew a place around the Charlotte/Concord area to catch some flatties. Thanks!

Garrett

2. ncriverrat

ncriverrat New Member

State:
    Trinity, NC
    you need to go west of rockingham pee dee below blewetts falls fish with large bream. or below hwy 74 bridge. sunset and sunrise best times. 60lbs my best

3. deepwoods

deepwoods Member

State:
    north carolina
    If you live in Concord you do not have to go far, Lake Norman is full of them. Fish off the main river channel or in the mouths of creeks going off the main channel using perch, bream or shad. The bite has been very good. I would reco Stumpy or Rocky Creek. On the main channel try between the 13 nd 15 mile markers just east of the channel or in the 21 to 23 areas off the points around the islands.

4. G-Cat

G-Cat New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thanks for the info! But I unfortunately don't have a boat. Is it possible to fish these places from shore?

5. ncriverrat

ncriverrat New Member

State:
    Trinity, NC
    all i do is fish from the bank. u just have to put ur self in the right spots.fish eddys and slack water with large bluegills.get out of the current for big flatheads