Flathead fishing at Stonewall Jackson and Burnsville

Discussion in 'WEST VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by BigKahuna, Jun 25, 2007.

1. BigKahuna

BigKahuna New Member

State:
    Charles Town West Virginia
    I live near Charles Town, WV, and fish for Catfish almost exclusively in the lower James River, for winter blues. I am looking to do some fishing in my home state. I have been reading up on the flathead and channel cat fishing at Stonewall Jackson and Burnsville. Wondering if anyone on the WV boards has been fishing either lately, and if so, can provide some tips on bait, tactics, etc.

2. slipbobber

slipbobber New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    live bait. and when you go to Burnsville go to the marina and ask around and find burnsville darrell. the man knows the lake inside and out literally. his real name is darrell brown. theres quite a few videos out on him.

3. Hawk33

Hawk33 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    They are in stonewall ! I'd fish the coves, and the feader streams flowing into the lake ! Personally i've never fished stonewall it's hard to find time between the mon., tygart lake, and burnsville lake.

Going to go fish it before the season is out !

Burnsville i'd fish knawls' creek, and little knawls creek !!!
    Burnsville is full of Shovelhead Structure.

If you never been there you'll understand when you see the lake !

We need some rain so bad in the great state of WV, it's getting scary !

:big_smile:

4. bigleroy

bigleroy New Member

State:
    wv
    I have fished there a few times without much luck 15#er is the biggest so far from there.Anybody have any honey holes on the lake I fish .100% cpr! I just cant seem to find the lake fish like I do in the river.I post my results when I get back sun.

5. Hawk33

Hawk33 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    what lake are you talking about burnsville or stonewall >?