Flathead fishing 2005

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by flathunter, Nov 10, 2005.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My partner H20 Mellon and myself had a decent year this year, much better than last year :D The year started off with a bang in may, really slowed down in the summer..I was working alot of 7 day weeks in the fall so we only got out a few times in september and oct...Almost all of our flatheads were caught on fresh cut shad..I will share a few pics with you, hope I dont bore you to much.

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    flat where you at in Ohio I need to catch some like that

3. Matthew Cook

Matthew Cook Member

State:
    Arizona
    nice looking fish flathunter, i haven't had a terrible year as well. last winter was one of our wettest winters in the last 100 years down here in AZ. i think the fishing will improve next year. just got to find something to keep me busy until then.

4. nathan king

nathan king New Member

State:
    vernon tx
    nice fish brother hope they were cpr'd great job man, i caught one this year on a live shad this year in the arkansas river that was 63#

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Nathan, all of my fish for the past 25 years were cpr'd these fish are still swimming...ryang, I live in Southern Ohio.

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Jack,

Most of them from the Rock Cliff were probally caught by those Netters! :cursing:

7. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    flathunter - nice fish! I hope to get a few like that in 2006!

8. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Congrats on a fine year and best of luck in 2006.

9. Hannibal Mike

Hannibal Mike New Member

State:
    Hannibal, MO
    Man! Those big flats sure make a great picture. Thanks. I was jigging for walleye today and got a couple of nice flats. The larger one was 12 lbs and a lot of fun on the walleye rig that I was using. Hope to see him again in a few years. Hannibal Mike

10. cross_their_eyes

cross_their_eyes New Member

State:
    Show Me State
    Goes to show you - If you work at it; it will pay off! Great year flathunter!

11. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    my flathead hunting improved a lot over the year mostly because of the BOC and all the people on here that will help a guy out. I started out fishing for them in june, kind of a late start. Before june my biggest was only 10lbs that I caught when I was twelve(a long time ago). But since then I am almost to the 40# mark. I just want to thank all the helpfull people on here for all there help, and for making my fishing season better. My bluecat fishing also improved , now I have to break the 52# mark and that will be tough.

12. Sentry Dog Man

Sentry Dog Man New Member

State:
    TN
    Bore me/us, are you kidding? I think that probably most everyone on here loves the pictures as much as anything else about this site. It is great to see a guy's success and not just hear about it.

Thanks for posting them. And, keep 'em coming when you can.

13. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    i second that sentry dog man, nice fish brother and keep the pictures comin hunter !

and as always great job on CPRing. ;)

14. draghook

draghook New Member

State:
    Shawsville Va
    You done real good! But you're hurting my feelings. Tee Hee :cursing:

15. gooboy

gooboy New Member

State:
    Minden,La.
    that's some real nice cats. congrats on a great year!!!!