Flathead catfishing

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by init 4 the CATFIGHTS, May 8, 2008.

1. init 4 the CATFIGHTS

init 4 the CATFIGHTS New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hows everybody doing? I have a few questions on fishing for flatties. I mainly fish for channels but would like to branch out to flatheads as well! First, the temps right now are ranging from 55 to 65,70, is it better to fish at night or is the daytime bite better? The average depth of water is 10 to 15' Second do the flats bite sooner than channels, or are they about the same?

2. BigCatJ

BigCatJ New Member

State:
    indiana
    fish at night aroud logs or tail end of deep holes 10 to 15 foot is great start

3. allflats

allflats Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I lkie to start about an hour before dark using live bluegill.

4. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Personally I start fishing an hour or so before dark and fish all night and into the next morning. Try this if you can. The couple we have caught already have been in the middle of the night and close to the bank.:cool2:

5. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    just think of where the bait would be. bluegills get up into the timber and vegetation. you can catch flatheads during the day, if you get in their general vicinity. when they get out and hunt in reservoirs is when it gets fun though. they are a lot different than channels or blues in that that you can fish all night and catch one or none, and on other trips you catch them one after the other for a couple hours.