Flathead catfishing near franklin

Discussion in 'MINNESOTA RIVERS TALK' started by southcatfish, Aug 14, 2006.

1. southcatfish

southcatfish Guest

sure would like to hear some info on the flathead fishing in franklin mn area, haven't been down there since derby days. any info would be great.?

2. The J-Man!

The J-Man! New Member

State:
    St.Paul, MN
    Welcome to the BOC Mike. I heard that a 52 pound flathead won the tournament, but have heard no news about the area since then. There are many great fishing holes in the area, so I am sure someone is catching fish.

3. southcatfish

southcatfish Guest

yes they probly are, i use to live in bird island only 17 miles from there but now moved north so i am about 90 miles from there now. i just wish a guy could get a little more info around that area, we never hear much about it. that was a nice cat at the turny, they caught it from one of my holes i use to fish.

4. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Welcome to the BOC Mike! Yeah you never hear much info up that way. The river is pretty cool around up there.

5. southcatfish

southcatfish Guest

i've heard they are getting a few in the cities to about new ulm, but that is about it. my pb is 38lbs from the franklin area but then moved before i could break it. derby days winning fish came from the hole were i caught that 38 and several others in the 30's.

6. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Welcome to the BOC Mike.

7. southcatfish

southcatfish Guest

thanks dave l glad to be here.

8. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Welcome aboard Mate!

9. azfshn23

azfshn23 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Ya Minnesota fats. know what i mean..

10. Goldenshinner

Goldenshinner New Member

how do they kknow thats where the winning fish actualy came from??
    as I met two different groups of competetors who had been culling/sorting fish in backyard holding ponds for entry. and im sure they never would have told us exactly were(or how) they had come up with them. these fish were high 30's. nice fish, but not big enough.